~Chapter 2~

~Still during the flashback ~

~Third person's POV~

Mace leaves the room and heads to his Lord's office as soon as he is done feeding.
He sends a nurse to take care of his pet as he isn't ready to get himself a new one yet. He's quite aware that he has drunk a lot.
He knows he's about to have a stressful day, hence the early feeding.
As soon as he walks through the doors of Alpha Titus's office, he senses trouble.

"Lord Titus." He greets as he takes his seat across from Titus.

"Mace, we have trouble," Titus says with a tired voice.

"Figured that much. I'm all ears"

"The rogues are planning an attack by dusk."

"What do they want?"

"Our heads." Titus slides a paper over to Mace and colour drains from his face.

We are quite aware that you granted your pack members permission to break into that pack. And we know it's to weaken them, so they do not get stronger than you.
We have our grievances with them and we would like to settle them.
We want you to make us pack members and permit us to break in, so we are not smelt out as rogues.
It's either this, or we break into your pack by dusk.
The choice is your's

Adam.              

"There's no way we can make them pack members" Mace was beyond shocked.

"I know. Even the moon goddess can't save us now."

"We'll just have to meet with them first. We don't have much of a choice here."

"Get ready. We leave in 10."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lord Titus and beta Mace set off together to meet with Adam; the leader of the vampire rogues in the fields outside his pack borders. The place is a no man's land, so they had heavy security come along.
Mace decided to take his pet along since he felt the journey would stress him and he'd need blood to calm down.

About half an hour later, they pack the vehicle in the fields and climb out.

Adam comes out of the trees surrounding the clearing and walks over to join them.

~Nancy's POV~

I stare at the ground as I climb out of the car, but curiosity takes over and I look up and take in the scenery unfolding before me

"Lord Titus, beta Mace. It's nice of you to check in. I see you got my message." A man I've never seen before says as he walks out of the trees, to the open fields and towards us. His jet-black hair glisters in the sun.

"We certainly did. But I'm afraid your demands can't be met."Titus says.

"Then you were stupid for coming out here," Adam replies as he examines his fingers in mock boredom.

"Let's have a compromise, shall we?"

"I'm listening?"

"What are your grievances?"

"He's the one that made us rogues. My mate died in the process. So, as you can see, it's personal."

"Send him a threat to break in by dusk tomorrow. He'll come to me for advice. Break in by dusk today and leave the rest to me."

There's no way this dude is buying it.
I'm no vampire expert, and even I can tell that the rogues would be on their own the moment they cross the borders to that pack.