~Chapter 4~

~PLEASE, READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM~

~Still during the flashback 😅😁~

~Vampire territory~

~Jason's POV

"Lord Jason," My beta greets as I walk into my office. He's my best friend and from the tone of his voice, I can tell that whatever he has to say can't be good.

"Judas." I nod.

"It's your mom. She has been going on and on about how you want to send her to her early grave without giving her grandkids. It's basically all she talks about now!" He rambles.

See, mom could be a little extra when it comes to something she wants.
Judas is a son to her. His parents died in battle when we were kids and mom took him in.
Somehow, she got the whole idea of me finding my mate into her head and won't leave me be anymore.

"She's a vampire, Judas. She's not dying anytime soon." I roll my eyes as I accept the bottle of whiskey he passes me.

"Why don't you tell her that."

"Pass." Mom can be really scary when she wants something.
There's silence for a while. We just let our minds roam and think about anything.

"You've found her, haven't you?" He suddenly asks and I choke on my drink.

"What?" I ask, spluttering as I try to get the drink to flow back through the right path.

"Your mate. She was the intruder." It's more of a statement than a question.

Judas and I are like brothers. Somehow, we can't keep things from each other. Like when he found out that his mate was my little sister...let's just say it wasn't pretty. A story for another day.

"You can't tell anyone," I say with a serious expression.

"Dude, you didn't reject her. Did you?" I'm pretty sure he's close to screaming my head off.

"I didn't." That is all I say. He looks at me, obviously expecting more explanation.

"She's human and she's not from this pack..." I explain the whole encounter to him and by the time I'm done, his mouth is hanging open.

"Are you fucking crazy?! If she's human, she's in danger, especially in this pack."

"Look, I found her in the restricted area. No one could get her there. She was here for about five days, but now she's gone. And you're not seriously expecting me to have a human as Luna, are you?!" I was losing my calm.

"Dad gave you three months to find her. Three months and he's going to dethrone you!"

"It's an empty threat!"

"Why would you let her go?!"

"Because I don't want a mate, damnit!"
"It was either that or I reject her and I didn't want her seeing me, so the choice was clear."

"It..."

"I'm done having this conversation, Judas. No one should hear of this."

"It's not my story to tell." He shrugs, obviously giving up on reasoning with me.

He walks out of my office.

~WitchesTerritory~

~Nancy's POV~

I take in calming breaths as I feel a panic attack coming along.
I squeeze my eyes shut and open them to see three shadows coming my way.