~Chapter 13~

~Vampire Territory~

~Lord Titus' POV~

It's been a while since we sent words to the elders and we got a reply from them a few days ago, saying they are willing to grant us an audience.

"Maison," I call through the mind link and he's here in a few minutes.

"Lord Titus,"

"When is the hearing with the elders?" I ask, flipping through a folder on my table as I swirl left and right on my chair.

"Tomorrow," he helps himself into a chair opposite me.

"I've been in touch with Adam. After his little escapade with Lord Jacob went South, he wasn't happy. He wants revenge."

"Wait, we no longer have access to the lucky charm, so how is he still under our control?"

"We might no longer have her here, but she's still lawfully your property. We can still use that. Not as efficiently as it would be if she were here, but we still can."

"What do you have in mind then?"

"I have every intention to use Adam. Now as fate would have it, we have a common enemy. I want Lord Jacob to crumble beneath me. We'll attack fight after the meeting with the elders tomorrow and don't want to raise any suspicions, hence, at dusk, you'll go to the clearing and send words to Adam."

"Alright."

"I have everything mapped out already," I hand him a folder and he flips through it nodding at intervals.

"I like what I see," he smiles and I remember why I chose him as my beta. We're always on the same page.

"Good. Now gather the servants and get started on the preparation for the arrival of the elders."

It's finally here.

The day that will determine my next course of action and inevitably, the fate of my Territory and those of the witches.

But the thing is, I'm not worried...

Whether or not the elders like my reason for wanting to get into the witch's territory, I'll get a plague to the gates of the other realm.

And if push comes to shove, I'll burst my way in. But let's hope it doesn't get to that.

The atmosphere in the whole territory is tense in anticipation of the elders. The servants run helter-skelter to put in last-minute touches.

"Lord Titus," Maison says as he joins me on the balcony just outside my office.

"Maison,"

"Everything is now in place and the Elders are within the borders."

"Good. Have my personal squad escort them to the mini-hall. I'll be with you in a moment."

He walks off and I let myself back into the office.

After going over my reason for needing to cross the borders one last time, I head out of the double doors of my office, down a flight of stairs, and into the hall where I instructed that the elders be escorted.

As soon as I walk through the doors, I'm faced with the elders...all twelve of them. The last time they were here, I was quite young and my dad was still the Lord. Seeing them face to face and all in one place gave off a weird kind of vibe, especially when I know I have all six of them at my disposal, and frankly, they are not as high and mighty as they try to seem.

"Lord Titus," the leader of the twelve calls as I stand across from them. They are seated at the other side of the room in the order of their position of superiority.