~Chapter 17~

~Witch's Territory~

~Third Person's POV~

The suspense in the air is so thick that can be cut by a knife.

Melania and her sisters had ushered Lord Titus and his beta into the castle after a few minutes of silence. They all took their seat in the living room and were offered tea by the sisters which they rejected. They were seated in uncomfortable silence for about five minutes before Melania decided to talk, ignoring the pang of pain that was gnawing on her heart each time she looked at this vampire who was supposedly her mate.

"I think an introduction is long overdue." Her words came out firmly and she gave herself a pat on the back mentally.

"Of course. I am Lord Titus and this is my beta, Maison."

"I wasn't notified of your visit. Why is that?" She asked and once again her heart squeezed in pain but her voice was quite cooperative and didn't betray her.

"You would have to ask that to the elders yourselves. As you can see, I have a plague of the entrance," He brings out the round gold-plaited plague and hands it to Lyssa who was seated closest to him. She examines it and nods in approval.

"State your business here," Electra states with venom in her voice. She was just as upset as Melania and just as pained, but unlike Melania who could keep her emotions out of her voice, she decided not to.

"I am here to collect something of mine that is in your possession. I have all the documents and permission from the elders to take back what is mine." He hands come documents over to Lyssa who had been quiet the whole time. She flips through the papers with a blank face and after about five minutes she motions to him to hand over the permit from the elders. He motions to his beta to fetch it out of a suitcase they hadn't noticed earlier. He moves to hand it over to Lyssa who reads through it with a blank face and hands over all the papers as well as the plague to Melania. Melania looks through everything with a similarly blank face and hands them over to Electra who does the same. Electra looks up from the pile on her lap and exchanges a look with her sisters. She moves to drop the pile on the table in the center of all five of them.

"We have what you seek," Electra says with a blank voice.

"Why do I sense something else in that statement?" Lord Titus asks. The three shoot him a glare and he lets out a growl as he leans back into his seat. He thought it was cute when his mate glared, but he hated the look on her sister's face.

"There is a little problem. We have only one part of her." Melania says as she shifts in her chair, feeling uncomfortable with the look her mate is giving her.

"I don't follow."

"We have her body, but her spirit is nowhere to be found," Melania says.

"What happened?"

"We don't know," Electra says quickly as she shares a look with her sisters.

"Why do I find it difficult to believe you?"

"Simply put, you have trust issues." Melania snaps. The tension between her and her mate had grown exponentially.

"Why don't we leave you two to talk?" Lyssa voices. "You are the one in charge of your troop and she is the one in charge of our little coven."

Without waiting for a response, Electra, Lyssa, and Maison step out of the room, grateful for the breath of fresh air. They were very sure they would have been choked to death by the awkward tension if they had spent any more time in the room with those two.

Meanwhile, Melania who had been boiling with rage from the moment he called her mate with disgust in his voice had gone completely silent the moment those three stepped out of the room.