~Chapter 3~

~still during the flashback~

~Nancy's POV~

I run till my lungs run out of air.
I run till my feet bleed and stones and twigs start to poke my sore feet.

Then I stop running.
I close my eyes, praying to whoever watches me up there that I haven't crossed the borders of any territory without realizing it.
I slump to the ground and replay the previous scenarios where I've been in positions like this.
Where I've only just escaped and get caught almost immediately.
I breathe deeply and let the tears run freely down my cheeks.

I hear a twig snap from behind me but remain still. Fighting never helps, so I don't fight.
Instead, I close my eyes and release a throaty sob as I anticipate my capture, but nothing comes.

Instead, I perceive the calming smell of forest and ocean. I don't know where that came from, I want to investigate, like really bad, but the feeling of frustration in my chest is just too much, so I just go on crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get back up after a while and keep walking.
I haven't gotten captured yet, but I know that I can't escape the inevitable.
I make occasionally stop when I see something edible and when I see a stream to drink from.

~Four days ago~

I woke up and notice my surroundings had changed.

No surprise there.

I've been captured again.
Luckily, I was asleep through this one, else, I would have had to endure whichever punishment the pet master deems fit.

I take in my surroundings and shock courses through my body.

I'm no longer in the vampire's territory, that's for certain.

I'm in the witches' territory...

~Vampire's Territory~

~Jason's POV~

I stroll through the woods trying to get my parent's words out of my head

Why would they want me to find my mate?

I'm perfectly capable of ruling on my own, and they know that.

So, why do I need to find my mate

I hear the sound of a whimper and freeze in my track.
The intoxicating smell of vanilla and roses hits me and I head over in the direction of the smell.

As I get closer, my foot tramples on a twig and I curse internally.

I wince as the sound of a throaty sob and the smell get stronger.

I move further and see a petite figure of a lady sitting on the ground, rocking back and forth and sobbing. Her back was turned to me and I had the urge to see her face but I don't.

'My Lord, there's been an intruder.' one of the guards' mind links me.

'I've got it ' I leave no room for questioning.

I can't tell how long I've been standing here, but it's been quite long.

She finally stands and I hide quietly behind one of the trees.

She turns around and I get a glimpse of her eyes.

Mate

It takes every self-control in my blood not to go over to her and mark her right here.

Just a while ago, I didn't want to find my mate, and now she's right in front of me and more than anything else, I want to make her mine.

Stupid mate bond

She starts to walk away and I make to follow her but my beta mind links me and  I just have to go.

I take one final look at her and turn around heading back to my mansion.

She's definitely not from this pack

She's a pet

The realization of that makes me want to rip out the throat of whoever has her, but I remind myself that I don't want a mate and decide to keep it a secret.

If by any chance my parents hear of this, my dad would do everything possible to find her and mom would have my head for letting her walk away.

If I ever see her again, I'll just reject her.
It can't be that difficult, right?...

~A/N~

It's short 🙄🙄🙄
I know.
But, it's absolutely necessary😁😁😁
This is just a filler chapter.
I wanted to introduce Jason's POV here and all...
But, expect a long chapter 4

Anywho, chapter 4 would be uploaded tomorrow and I promise it'll be long🤞🤞🤞🤞

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.
You are loved, you are beautiful and you are you.
Bläïr änd whïtë💕💕

CURSEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें