~Chapter8~

~The wisdom circle scene~

~Athena's POV~

The Harsh wind blows past the trees and a few birds fly off the branches.
My sisters and I gather around each carrying a knife and a candle to perform the ritual.

A truth circle is a sacred spell and can only be performed twice before each full moon. But since it takes a lot out of an ancient and powerful witch and kills an average witch below the age of 500, it isn't performed until it is absolutely necessary and any witch that makes even the slightest mistake could die in the process.

We mumble a basic spell to light the candle and keep it floating in the air.

"We must focus sisters. We can't afford any mistakes."

There's silence for a bit as every witch present clears their mind in preparation for the truth circle.

"Let's begin."

The wind around us still as we create a barrier spell strong enough to absorb any hit without breaking and can only be weakened from the inside.

I step to the middle and place an almach on the ground and go back to join the circle.

(Almach Is actually a star, but not in this story. In this story, an almach is a power source for powerful spells like the truth circle, so let's not get confused.)

We join hands and the chanting begins. The almach begins to float and spin in the anti-clockwise direction. The chants get faster and louder and soon, the truth portal is opened. The chants continue till the portal is big enough to pass through and the chanting finally stops.

"Mneme, muse of memory, step forth..."
The light from the portal glows brightly and a muse walks out with six helpers

(I don't know much about muses and whether or not they have helpers, and I don't care...frankly. Just accept whatever you see😁)

"Athena, why do you summon me?"

"We seek the truth about the sacred lot."

"That's a lot, hence it comes with a price."

"State your price, Mneme."

"In due time...to find that which you seek, find the ancient three and ask for the little one."

"You speak in parables, Mneme."

"Find the three ancient ones, and ask for the little one. She is the sacred lot."

As if on cue, the portal starts to rumble in preparation to close. She and her six helpers walk back into the portal and it closes.

We put down the barrier, put out the candle and return to our various cottages, with the almach, of course.

~A/N~

This chapter is hella short, but🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I did say my exams have started, so...

Anywho, I originally planned to skip the truth circle scene, but I just changed my mind and😁😁😁

I know a lot of people know about Greek mythology and stuff and my description of Muse is far off, so don't bother pointing it out. Just take the story as it is.

I wrote this some days ago, but decided to hold up for a bit before posting it.

I'll have a new chapter in a week or there about...

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment...tap the star icon to vote...it means a lot

You are loved, you are beautiful and you are you.
Bläïr änd whïtë💕💕💕