~Chapter 15~

~Vampire's Territory~

~Alpha Jason's POV~

Judas Noah and I head over to Athena's cottage as soon as the day broke. I don't know how long we have left, so any delay could have devastating consequences.

On getting to her door, Judas knocks and the door comes open slowly as though it wasn't locked in the first place. We head inside and see Athena seated quietly in the living area.

"Athena."I call out. She looks up slowly, the look in her eyes is as if she's in a trance. 

"Athena?" I call out again, this time a little louder than the last. She snaps out of whatever state she was in.

"My Lord." She stands and ushers us to seat. 

"Is every thing alright?" I ask.

"Yes, my Lord. What brings you here." I take in her look and shake my head internally. Her lips are thoroughly chapped, her skin looks pale, her eyes are bloodshot. She's a witch, so maybe it's a witch thing?

" Is all well?" I ask.

"Yes, my Lord."

"If you say so. You must have heard that the elders were here yesterday. They refused to give us the plague. They said something about not wanting two vampires in there at the same time."

"Who's this other vampire, if i may ask?"

"I have no idea and they refused to give me any information on who this person is. If my suspicions are correct then there's another vampire after what we're after."

"But that doesn't make sense. How do they know anything about your mate? Not unless they had once owned her  and somehow figured out what she is." Noah says as he rubs his chin thoughtfully. I let out a growl without even meaning to. The thought that my mate might have been someone's pet didn't seat right with me. 

Fuck this stupid mate bond thing.

"We need a fool-proof plan to get into the witches territory. No one can have her before I do." I basically growl out. 

"If may ask, what do you have in mind? I know you have a thing or two planned out."

"Fill her in, Judas." I still feel a little bit irritated and it's pissing me off.

"We're going in through the tunnels. They open up on our end at the stables. We'll go with as many men as possible. We don't know the exact distance we will be covering since we'll be moving through a very twisty tunnel, but its approximately 209Km. It should take us about fours hours of running at full speed, but we can't run at full speed since we don't know the obstructions we are going to face in there."

"Like traps and security systems?" Athena asks.

"Exactly. Taking these into account, we're looking at a possibility of an extra 2 hours or so. The total time adds up to 6 hours give or take, so if we hope to get into the witch's territory just before dark we'll  set out at 12PM."

"What we need to know now is the nature of the traps to expect and how to overcome them." I add. "Athena, have you ever used these tunnels? Do you know anyone who has or do you have any knowledge about it."

"I haven't used these tunnels before, my Lord. But since it was built by witches, I can give you an idea on what to expect."

"Go on."

"Witches as you know can fly with the right spell. It is one of the basic spells we learn as a young witch. These tunnels were most likely built for flying and not walking or running. The most challenging obstacle you'll face is that the tunnels would fail and crumble down. You should be able to use it to get there, but it won't get you back."