IX

By the time they reached Phayu's garage, Rain was no longer in the mood to meet the senior. Sky was confused why Rain was still upset when PraPai already cleared that Phayu wasn't dating anyone.

They were greeted by P'Aon who worked at a garage, he quickly told them how Phayu himself fixed everything and shamelessly bragged about Phayu.

PraPai tried his best not to laugh while Sky looks at P'Aon with amusement but Rain still had blank look on his face as he quietly checked his car before turning around to face Aon

"How much for all the repairs, can I pay by card?" Rain asked as he took out his wallet

"Aah! No need to pay, Phayu told me that you're his boy I mean junior so you don't have to pay…" P'Aon explained.

They all heard the slip of tongue and PraPai and Sky shared an amusing look. Rain frowned harder and then smiled as he spoke, "No need to have a loss in business due to me Phee, I can pay for my car.."

"No no, it's no loss! Phayu is the owner so.." "But he's only my senior. If you guys are going to do business like this, you will be at a loss" Rain interrupted Aon and said sharply.

Everyone looked at Rain in surprise yet confusion when Rain kept on insisting to pay, that's when they heard Phayu and looked in that direction.

"Whether I'm having profit or loss, you don't have to worry about it. Just take this as a kind gesture from your senior..." Phayu stood next to Rain and spoke.

Rain looks at the senior and wai with a still neutral face, for the first time Rain's heart didn't fluster on seeing Phayu. Instead, he felt a dull ache when he looked at the older guy and decided to look away.

" Thank you Phee but I don't need it, offer it to someone who needs it more than me.." Rain said as he took out his card and handed it to Aon.

Aon looked at the card and then at Phayu for instruction who seemed to be frowning, Sky noticed the tension and spoke, "Rain, Phee is just trying to be nice…"

"I don't need his kindness, he's just my faculty Phee whom I had chatted with once or twice. I don't want to be in debt to his kindness.." Rain replied sharply, making Sky quiet.

Phayu looked at Rain in annoyance while Rain was still holding the card in front of Aon, Phayu sighed and nodded at Aon to take the card. Aon nodded back and went inside to get the card reader.

                                  Fifteen minutes later, Rain made the payment and got the documents. He turned to look at Sky and spoke,  "Then I will be leaving for home now, see you tomorrow…"

Sky hesitates to nod as he wanted to talk to Rain about his sudden change in attitude, PraPai noticed it and spoke, "How about we go for dinner first? I'm sure we all are hungry! Phayu wanna join?"

"No need Phee, I will eat at home.." Rain said quickly and by now everyone was sure that Rain was trying to avoid Phayu.

"Come on Rain, it's still early! Let's have ice cream at least?" Sky grabbed Rain's hand and squeezed him. Rain was about to refuse again but stopped and nodded when saw Sky looking at him hopefully.

                Ten minutes later, they all arrived at the closest ice cream parlour and went inside. Phayu kept looking in Rain's direction but Rain seemed to be avoiding him.

Once inside, Phayu spoke while eyeing Rain, "Get whatever you all want, it's my treat. Today I made a big profit, thanks to someone who was too stubborn to pay me…"