XIX

Phayu stares at Rain calmly while Rain pretends to be interested in the timer instead, Rain starts feeling uneasy and speaks without looking at Phayu, "Phee, only 4 mins..."

Before he could complete the sentence, Phayu engulfed him in a hug. Rain felt butterflies in his stomach as Phayu held him tightly and Rain tried not to smile, "Phee is so relieved that Rain is safe.... Phee tried to make sure you stay out of all this mess yet you end up being kidnapped...
Phayu pulled away to look at Rain and Rain quickly made an annoyed face instead, he glared at Phayu and waited for Phayu to continue, "I swear I never intended to ignore you! It was so hard for me to pretend not to be obvious about your liking towards me but I can't...I couldn't bring myself to accept it and have you back into this bloody world..."

Phayu cups Rain's face and continues, "Do you remember when we were young? You were kidnapped because of me! That time I was so helpless! All I could do was wait for our dads to recuse you and bring you back safe and sound..... When uncle left with you and aunty, I promised myself that I won't let that incident happen again! I promise to stay away from you... even though it was painful, I can't watch you in pain again...."

Rain recalled the incident and looked at Phayu sadly, he remembered how after being rescued his parents had a huge fight because his mom didn't want his dad to be working for the mafia anymore. Rain was young but he remembered mom threatened to leave his dad and take him away with her. After that his father resigned from his job and they moved to Bangkok.

"Rain... when you joined our college and I saw you, I recognised you.... You were still so sweet yet silly....I was so emotional yet scared, I wanted to hug you tightly and tell you how I'm your P'Venice but I was scared that if you were close to me might make people target you..." Phayu explained while Rain stares at him with wide eyes

"Soon I realised how my little boy was stalking me . At first I tried to stop you..... that girl.... I was hanging out with her so you can give up...." Phayu confessed which made Rain glare at Phayu in anger, he wanted to scream at Phayu but then decided to know the whole story first.

"I know it was a shitty move and I gave up when I realised how it's hurting you. I didn't want to let you keep coming after me but I can't watch you hurting too... that's why I asked PraPai to tell you that the girl was not in relation with me..." Phayu gave Rain a guilty look and explained.

"P'Prapai knew everything?!" Rain shouted in disbelief, Phayu nodded and continued, "Don't blame him na, he wasn't happy to trick you but I blackmailed him into it.... Then I thought if you were close to me, it might make you might realise that I'm not worthy of you and give you..... but instead I can't stop myself from falling harder..."

"So P'Phayu admits that he likes me..." Rain asked as he raised his eyebrows at Phayu who covered his face with his hand as he looks in another direction and nodded, "I love Rain..."

Rain smiled before maintaining an uninterested face and spoke, "You saw me coming after you and Sky, didn't you? Yous said it loudly so I can believe that you actually aren't interested in you?" Rain questions as he recalled the event, Phayu groans in frustration and nods again,

"Yes! I knew! It was the stupidest thing I did in my life! I never thought that suddenly some random guy would take advantage of the situation and approach you pretending to be me..." Phayu admits as he pulls Rain's hand into his own and gently rubs them.

"Phee.... Do you think I should forgive you after all this?" Rain asked as he looked at Phayu who looks back at Rain with perplexed expression

"Do you realise how you might have landed me in grave danger? Your lie could have cost me my life.... What if instead of P'Gin it was someone else? Someone who would have not hesitated to kill me?" Rain asked, Phayu turned pale as realisation hit him. He clutched Rain's hand tightly in fear while Rain still stares at him calmly