XXI

Rain looks around with curiosity as he clutches his backpack, he was amazed by Phayu’s glass house and blurts out, “Is it for the greenhouse effect? What if storm comes and broke the glass or thieves?”

Phayu stopped abruptly and Rain collided with him, “Rain…. Are you really an Architect student?” Phayu question the younger boy who pouts in response instead

“I’m just curious, luckily it’s on private property! Imagine noisy neighbours!!” Rain said while Phayu looked at him with an unreadable expression, “Please close your mouth…”

Rain quickly pressed his lips and sulked as he followed Phayu. Once they were in living room, they were greeted by Saifah who grin on seeing Rain who smiles back in response, “P’Fahhh! At least I got you!”

Saifah chuckles while Phayu rolls his eyes before looking towards Saifah, “Order food, I will settle Rain’s luggage…” Saifah nodded as he picked up his phone. Phayu took Rain’s backpack from him and went upstairs.

“You haven’t forgiven my brother yet?” Saifah asked as he sat next to Rain after ordering, Rain looked towards the stairs and then he sighs, “Phee doesn’t even understand why I’m upset with him, how am I supposed to forget about everything except him?”

“I understand Rain. Don’t worry, fortunately, Phayu is smart” Saifah pats Rain’s shoulder, Rain pouts and then leans his head over Saifah’s shoulder.

Rain wasn’t expecting an exaggerated confession and apologise. He just wanted Phayu to pull him into his arms, tell him how much he appreciates Rain and how there won’t be any more hiding or lies. Rain has no more confidence in himself and his love for Phayu. He just wants Phayu to cherish him and tell him that he’s loved.

“Ermh!” Both Rain and Saifah turned back when Phayu cleared his throat to catch their attention, Rain gave Phayu confused look while Saifah rolled his eyes at his brother’s possessiveness.

“I will show you the room later, what were you both talking about?” Phayu asked as he approached them, he glared at Saifah who removed his hand but Rain still leaned over him.

“How to get rid of you so P’Fah and I can leave peacefully…” Rain replies as he looks at Phayu who shakes his head at Rain’s childishness.

                      It was late at night, Rain took a quick shower and came out of the washroom while drying his hand when he noticed Phayu sitting over the bed. Rain looked at Phayu in confusion and said, “Why are you here?”

“Well, this is my room..” Phayu replies as he looks around.

“Huh? Where am I staying?” Rain asked in curiosity as he stood in his spot

“Here only..” Phayu pats the bed and then smiles at Rain

“Are you leaving then?” Rain asked as he threw the towel over the chair, Phayu shook his head as he went to grab the towel while Rain sat on the bed, “We are sharing the room..” Phayu replies as he sits next to Rain.

“What?” Rain looked at Phayu with wide eyes, Phayu started drying Rain’s hair while Rain looked at him dumbly, “You gonna stay in my room with me..”

“Why?! I can stay in the guest room..” Rain question Phayu who lied while avoiding Rain’s eyes, "It's not clean.."

“I can clean it…”

“Bed might be infected by bugs…” Phayu said quickly, Rain became quiet and glared at Phayu, “Then I will stay with P’Saifah…”

“His room is dirty, can you sleep between dirty laundry and leftover food?” Phayu said while looking at Rain, Rain shivered at the thought and quickly shared his head as no