Chapter 8:The Study

Nate:

When Thalia arrived to school the next day. I saw her in a whole new light. I didn't see her as my enemy or a privileged girl. I saw a girl who hated her life and used multiple distractions to avoid going to her house. She stopped by her lime green locker of the freshmen hallway and struggled to unlock the lock with her busy hands. I walked closer to her and hauled the baggage. Her lips parted in surprise and my lips curled slightly. After she laced her stuff her and slammed it. She walked away and I took long strides to catch up with her. Under her eyes were heavy bags.

She couldn't sleep.

"Thalia," I whispered, my voice low," Are you okay?" I blurted. She looked at as if I slapped her grandmother.

"No," She bit out. Now I knew why she wore long sleeves and leggings. To hide the bruises and her scars from her skin. A heavy, sigh escaped my lips.

"I'm sorry." I muttered, bowed my head in shame.

She paused, glanced over shoulder. "For what?"

I raised my shoulders and gestured with hands," Everything for being rude, mean and intolerable. "She tuned halfway and looked confused with knitted eyebrows.

"Really, regardless of what happened," she replied her voice low," You shouldn't pity me. Treat me the way I treated you, okay."

"B-but I feel bad." I shot.

"Please," She begged, "Please don't. Its ok." she paused, "You know the Golden Rule. I was mean to you and was quite rude.

"Yeah but—"

"No, buts."

"I treated you like how I viewed a spoilt brat. And I did called you Hermione Ganger "I muttered.

I tapped my chin, deep in thought and stared at her. I brought a hand, wiggled my fingers as my lips curled." Why don't we start over?" I asked mischievously.

"Start over?" She echoed, her lips in a tight o .I nodded, she looked at my hands then me in huge disbelief.

"Yes," Her shoulders shook as she dissolved into a fit of laughter then she latched my hands and shook it with a playful grin. "The name's Nathanial and I'm fourteen."

A loud giggle escaped her lips and she shook my hand," My name is Thalia and I'm thirteen. Nice to meet you. "

Thalia smiled and honestly she looked cute when she laughed. Through the crack of the door someone peeked then recede away. We laughed as we walked back to class, some people glanced at us and I opened the door. Ali peeked his head from a bulky history book and stared agape. Hayley raised a brow and turned her chair and Sasha gasped ten scowled, fingers wrapped around her pen tight. Diana grinned, her glossy lips exposed her shiny glossy lips.

Our laughter echoed as I placed her books down and went to my seat. Some of the whispered, glanced at me and stared at me surprised.

Crap, the rumours.

Some of these guys were at the shop. Sasha pursed her lips in a thin line, she rose up and lumbered to me with a red face.

"Where the hell have you been?" She yelled, her voice raised and some people stared and returned to their work. Thalia glanced over her shoulder and snapped her back. All I saw was her back axed at me. She knew all eyes were on her.

"I don't know at school!"

"Stop lying," She snapped, then lowered her voice," I saw you guys at the hangout. Diana been spreading things. Is it true?" She was hurt.

"What! What's true? Diana is the queen of lies and rumours."

"That you guys are dating."

"We were hanging out. And its Diana for God's sake." I glared at Diana as she suppressed a giggle and flashed her pink cell.