Chapter 20 :The Exposure

Days till my disappearance

Halloween - October 2011

Thalia :

Death hanged in the air like masia.It's cold and eager fingers clouded my brain.It was coming.Not now.But soon.I could almost taste it.

The days were drawn so much that I could feel it.But I could not ignore it.Most importantly, my death was near.I was a zombie,a tired, deflated person who lost all hope to go on

Things felt more real, and I found myself at the doors of the place I dreaded.Someone trained to hear my thoughts and emotions and give me advice.The consolar.

My dreams slipped into my reality.One blink I would be standing in the middle of a cold icy wilderness stranched before me with the drwing hwol of the wind and my bodies temperrature dropped or I would be cacooned in ice and freezing from hesd to toe but when I try to scarem nothing comnes out.I blinked muliple times and staggered backwarrds to be cold,teeth chtatering and streaks of cold water.

My hands trembled, and my body shook as I slowly brought to my face."W-What?"I screamed,teeth chattered.I slowly rose my head as my heart hammered in my chest loudly and watched my horrfied experression.The toilet gurgled and flusehed and I scavhed my snackel and bolterd out of the washroom and rabn past the locker lined hallway.

I stood in front of the consular door and took a deep breath before I opened the door and entered.

"Good morning."Miss Lim ,the school's designated and friendly consular, greeted me as I awardky sat onto the chair.I flashed a nervous grin ,shrugged off my satchel, and sat."How are you feeling today ?"She asked ,her eyes landed on me.

Heat flushed on my neck as I avoided my gaze,shuffled my feet, and played with the hem of my skirt.

"I-I'm fine."I replied,my voice hoarse in my throat as she nodded and got my file and started to scribble.I was as fine as Vincent Van Gogh before he sliced a part of his ear off.

I always felt nervous and a bit uncomfortable as I watched her document this moment even though it was private and confidential.I didn't buy it.

Fear bubbled within me.What if they sold my information to my father or if it got dissatarous.

For the past week ,the whole atmosphere changed.When Sasha took as to her fortune teller friend and when Hayley got distant from me.It was karma, as Sasha would say or a consequence for what I did to Nate.

She cocked her head, ready to listen and held her fountain pen as I narrated to her about how I felt.I felt like a rift between people or the Gran Canyon between Hayely and I.The terse relationship between my father and I.My mother's avoidance and absence in the house as she nodded her head in understanding but furrowed her thin brows.Her expression were limited but her eyes and brows spoke for me.

I started coming here after I noticed that I needed to vent, then as quickly as I entered, it was as quickly as I left with the door slammed shut.

When I left the room ,things went downhill from there.Things that didn't happen before slammed me harder than a moving truck in the highway.

I walked into the desolate classroom at the end of the freshman hallway as its familiar light green lockers blurred by, and the students who eagerly walked past the hallway as the bell screamed in the background.

I slowly opened opened the door only to whiteness both Sashsa and Nate that they yelled and pointed at each other.They were in the middle of a heated argument and to make it worse.I was in the middle of it all.

What have I done ?I asked myself as I watched them.It used to be a music room dotted haphazardly with boxes piled high and seats folded away.

The realization hit me like a bunch of bricks.I was a wedge between two best friends.