Chapter 9:The Playground

My eyes popped open to the thick darkness as I got up slowly with a sharp pain registered on my neck. I rubbed my neck and winced in pain. A scream escaped my lips when I noticed the burning stain on my jeans as I squeezed it then under my pits.

The pain registered. My eyes scanned the area, I was surrounded by thick darkness but then all I saw was the study –parts of it like the table and the bookshelf. I gasped as I staggered back then walked forward as I looked around. My heart hammered in my chest then loud, shrill screaming echoed throughout the swimming darkness. Then it dissolved to laughter, loud and crazy as I whirled around.

The darkness seemed to waver and everything seemed grey and black. I stared at my grey fingers. I bolted further away as the furniture faded away then my feet went back instinctively. From a thick watery wall of shadow a giant hand grew out covered in shiny liquid then golden talons. My eyes widened then I whirled way. The laughter contained and it sent a chill down my spine. The hands shrunk as the clawed fingers dug into my thigh then penetrated out. Like a sword it crisscrossed into my legs as hot liquid trickled down into the floor then all my bones snapped at once. I turned myself as a blood-curdling scream tore from lips and my bones snapped. He applied pressure into my thigh then forcefully dragged onto the icy depths.

"Oh, you can't hide."A raspy deep voice jokes.

"No," I screamed.

I rolled over as I bit my lip then rose up. The pain from my leg made me instinctively wrap my fingers around my thigh like another version of me. He leaned forward then squeezed his thigh in pain.

"Where am I?"I screamed as I whirled around. I caught my reflection of myself with wild hair and streams of cold sweat trickled down my back. My heart hammered in my chest. My eyes darted to the sky it was tar that lapped like calm waves before a storm. The darkness loomed on me as I moved away. Sound echoed back to me as the walls lapped harder.

"Oh, poor boy. You are in my domain. "He said harshly as the sound of two fingers snapped together. Heat spread through my fingertips and stung me. Then it got hotter then traveled as it stung like bug bites. Then my fingertips sparked into flames. I screamed as I shook my arms as it traveled on me. It engulfed me as a scream tore from my bleeding lips and begged. I begged until I wanted to die. My charred, bloodied knees scraped the icy black floor as the intensity of the heat singed my hair as it fell on me ,my clothes burned off, blisters busted out of my face and body as I was charred into a crisp. The skin of my left eyeball sagged as the eye was completely exposed and the right side of my face was flaked and blackened. Bones poked out of my arms as I screamed louder. The pain was unbearable. I cried but my eyes were dried off. The leftover of my skin that was gashed pooled all around like paint. Then the ring of flames around me died down. The pain stopped. I wrapped my arms around myself and into a ball. Then I blinked. I blinked twice, then stared my rotten, blackened fingers then it was replaced with smooth, pale flesh. Laughter echoed in the darkness as the voice said,"Ah, wasn't it funny that ' Ahh mummy.' It was so hilarious. You were I was going to die and wah. Real men don't cry or call their mummies. "He laughed again then it vanished.

He found my pain funny.

Then it stopped. Suddenly, everything wavered then I slipped down the floor. I opened my eyes and realized I was still in the back endless room with the ceiling that looked like a raging obsidian sea that reflected down below. My skin was still in grey due to the absent of light as I moved forward.

"Hello. "I called as it echoed back to me. A cold mist swirled underneath me as it poured from all directions. My teeth clattered and my skin whitened. A loud growling sound seeped from all directions and on the thin black ice as my reflection stared back at me and it honestly looked kinda sad if you looked at it. It was creepy with its disoriented gaze. It was sad. He stared at me with small black hollow eyes that looked drilled into his swollen and bumpy face with a slack jaw with strings of saliva that pooled and dripped. His hands were dragged and coiled on the floor. His expression was lost but distant but he yawned and groaned liked he struggled to speak. My heart hammered in my chest as I felt my face, touched my eyes and arms as I sighed in relief. I had not tentacles, hollowed eyes and a bumpy face. In front of me was a wall of thick darkness and his sneakers seemed to show in the darkness and it was not a reflection. Fear grew on me as I was worried he will walk of out the darkness and kill me or he was crawl out of the ground and yank me in.