Chapter 19 :A Shop Filled With Secrets

October 2011
Thalia:
"I have to agree with Nate.What just happened?"Sasha asked,her tone surprisingly calm.
Nate stretched his hands ,his eyes bloodshot.
"We're doomed."he screamed.Hayley marched, then placed her arms around Nate as he continued to panic ,screamed, and trash like a wild animal.
Hayley stared at me dead in the eye and demanded,"speak."
"I-I disappeared, or I thought I did."I responded confused while I rubbed my thighs.The pins and needle sensation left me a bit, my thighs weighed like an achor.My chest still felt heavy, but I wasn't wet.But I was chilly and I still felt numb.
Was it real, or was it a hallucination.I ponded.
Sasha shook her head as I narrated my tale to her ---well, everyone.Nate nodded but forced a laugh as the other girls gawked at each other like I had grown two heads.
"That was not a hallucination."they chroused, but Nate rose two fingers as a thumbs up with his eyes looking the other way.
I scrunch my face deep in thought."How I don't get it?"I pressed.Sasha gaped at me and sighed with two fingers on her temple and took a deep breathe but Hayley stared at me with a concerned frown.But Nate looked like he could faint or Crack under pressure.I averted my gaze as I rubbed my neck in shame.
My fault.It's all my fault.I thought my eyes were glassy.
The cracks were there all along.They were slight at first but got deeper and more evident.Soon he'll Crack like a boiled egg.All because of me.
"Well, for one thing."Sasha replied.She propped her wrist on her neck and then rubbed my thigh."You're freezing.Your lips were blue, and oh.Your eyes turned freaking white."she shouted.
My hands fell to my sides.I still couldn't believe that it wasn't a hallucination."How could I be at two places at once ?"I defended.
"I don't know."Hayley sputtered , then her feet as she darted her eyes.Tears glistened on eyes."t-this is so not okay.Why on earth did I come here?This house is straight out creepy.I prayed. "She screamed in frustration.
"You're religious.''Nate questioned from the floor.He sprawled with his face plopped on the cold ditty floor.He shook with laughter.
"Of course I did.I'm buddhist."she shrieked.With widened eyes and threatening eyes, she pointed at Nate."And Nate's losing his shit and casually dying and Thalia.And Thalia.I don't even know what the hell happened.Got freaking possessed, and the house is freaking breathing."she screamed,her voice hitched and tears streaked down her eyes."I can't do this.You guys are on your own."she replied.She ran to my door and then glanced at us with a sniffle."Enjoy your horror movie shit."
"Wait !"Sasha screamed,trying to get up on her feet.My blackened fingers grasped around her wrist as her lips parted in shock.I looked at her with wide eyes.
"Let her go.She needs to process."I replied,surprised by my own action.Nate still lay on the floor as we both watched him.He was laughing and kicking his legs.My heart sank in my chest.
My legs were still numb, and my throat was sore.I rubbed the life back onto my limbs and cocooned myself with blankets and sulked.
Luckily,Sasha was an athlete.She lifted Nate then hoisted him onto her back with effort, then plopped him haphazardly on my bed.
"I think Nate's gone brain dead."I pointed out as he laughed and wiggled on my bed.
She sighed and wrapped her arms around herself and tried not to cry."He's always brain dead, but now."She paused and sighed."I don't really know."she then rolled my seat, then sat on it, then encouraged me to tell my whatever the heck I saw.
"I think is a vision."she went on ,finger on her lip deep in thought."it might be a prediction or even an omen.But visions don't stimulate your senses.Wait ,they do, but they don't stay."she readjusted her head to the other, then continued."But the way you describe it.It was through your eyes, not someone but a warped version of your fate."she replied.I nodded as she held my fingers tight.She pursed her lips deep in thought, and then her gaze landed on Nate.
"Friday.You and me and Nate.Meet me at downtown Toronto,"she replied.
"What about Hayley?"I demanded.
She took a deep breath and then replied,"she needs some time to recover.It was all too much for her.She'll be back."she replied,took a deep breath."I hope."
My gaze went to her."What about you ?"I asked."How are you handling this?"
She stared into my eyes, and her lips tugged into a smile."I'm barely handling it, but life is an adventure, and we aren't alone."Her eyes lit up."I always knew that."
I rested my back against the headboard deep in thought, but my eyes still couldn't resist the urge to stare at Nate, who was asleep. His chest rose and fell, and he snored softly.
Then she eyed me hard."She'll come around.What she had witnessed would take time."She answered ,a deep frown formed on her lips.
For the whole entire week,Hayely ignored me.It ran deep like a radar or twisted in like a dagger but with a deep breath and a smile from Nate.I managed my school life.
She stood next to James with a smile, and her skin flushed, and his mates looked around uncomfortably or glared at him.Their body was tense and the air around them.
Nate gaped at them with his lips curled into a sneer and a loud shove of his school bag."Oh God, make it stop."He yelled ,two fingers into his mouth with a fake gag.
Sasha rolled her eyes so hard it could roll into her head, and then she sighed.
"Nate .Please stop."she chided,her voice clipped.
With widened eyes and a dramatic turn."You see this as okay.'You look mature for your young.'And you see it as okay.H-He's grooming her ,you dumbass."He retorted.
She nudged his elbow hard and glared at him hard.
With gritted teeth,"They like each other.And I'm not a dumbass."She lit up and saw them."She's one of the boys."
Nate got back to his merry self, and according to him.He used sleeping pills and watched movie marathons.But at school ,she ignored me with teary eyes or disappeared into the thick crowd.
We stood in front of a shop located in Downtown Toronto.The road bustled with people all eager to do whatever and cars streaked by, and the CN stood proud over a great distance of apartments like a toothpick.
My eyes swiveled around in awe.I knew that Union Station was around the corner, and a large square was somewhere too, and somewhere else was a large square.
The excitement of rebelling from my dad was amazing.The urge to laugh and smile was growing deeply as I watched the sky scrapers with my friends.My heart soured when I looked beside me and so did my shoulders.Hayley refused to come.I couldn't blame her.She ignored me just like Nate did but the pain was felt like a dagger twisted deeply into my heart.
Nate placed his hands on my shoulder and smiled.The wind was deafening from the cars that streaked past.
"It would be okay."Nate said as Sasha stood beside him with her lips curled into a smile.
I nodded but turned my gaze towards the sidewalk. People's feet and bicycles ygat passed by.School closed an hour ago and we immediately met by the bike rack then set out not suspicious.
"You need to go out more."Sasha jokes ,her face kit up with a grin.I laughed and stared at her.I shuffled my feet and stared at the road."I can't.I don't have a social life ."
My heart pounded knowing that I reeled against my father, but I was completely exitched.A smile tugged my lips.
I grinned ,all teeth.
Nate looked around with a sheepishly grin.He stood in front of me and rubbed his neck awkwardly.
He took a deep breath and stared at me."You know there's an art gallery around here."
I nodded and lit up."Yeah ,the art museum of Ontario."
He smiled and stared at his dirty sneakers.
He eyed his untied shoelaces, and Sasha glanced at him with a small smile."Do you want to go there.I know you kinda like art a bit so I was thinking----"
"Yeah, I'll love too."I replied with a beam.
His excitement and nervousness caught me off guard at first but Sasha calmly led us down the steps into a small tiny shop.Nate looked at the signboard and I followed suit. The sign caught almost made me do a double take.