Chapter 25: Stranded

Nate :

October 16th ,2011

The day

For the past week ,Thalia acted strangely acted like me when I was thrusted into her messed up world. She stared at her desk eyes vacant and was there as quiet as mouse.I had no idea how hwo days went but now she gaped at it.Still lost.I couldbt help but be concerned.It was strange for her to be quiet.When she entered the class ,her head was bowed and her eyes were anywhere but straight.Her eyes were wide and her mind raced.Always.

I watched her with raised brows and a concerned frown.Everyone noticed.he played with her fingers and her sweater with the hood down.I stopped at her desk but when she saw me.She smiiled ,small and short or waved at me then got distracted with her lips or played with fingers.

"Is it me or Thalias acting starnge ?"Ali remarked ,I nodded in agreement .Earlier that mprning.When Sasha and I left the group.It was starnge because she was a star studenta nd that day she never answered a question or was even herself.

That freaking bastard!

But someway ,somehow.I knew it wasnt him.I was lost as a mouse in a amze.

Sasha crossed her arms and bowed her head then her lips tugged into a spine chilling smairk."Tick tock.Tick tock."She bagan and goosebumps rose on my flesh."The mouse climbed up the clock."She paused and snmiled at her."Then never climbed down again."

I stepped back ,senes tingling."Sasha,"I began."What the hell?"

She stared at me with her blue eyes ,too dazzlying blue and too wide."You heard me?"My breathe hitched.Her eyes were vacant like a creepy doll.My nerves went highwire.

"W–Whats up with you ?"

"With me ?"She scoffed,"I dont know but you should ask Thalia instead ?"

Run,run,run.

So I did.Away from whatever happened to my friend.My best freind.My only freind.

What have I done ?

The day crawled and Thalias odd behaviour was even noticed by our Teacher at freaking Alegebra and throughout the entire class.She didnt do even a peep.My heart wrenched in my chest as I dug my fingers on the sides of the table hard.

Oh God.

"Miss Onhinwaa ,kindly remove your head from the table, please ?"The teacher asked ,his ponted stern gaze on Thalia as she snapped her head towards him and froze.Then he crossed his arms over his chest with an eyebrow raised.Thalia snapped her head ,wrapped her arms around herself and made her self small and blinked as if she been forcefully woken up.The air in the class was sucked off and everyones eyes where glued to her.Whispers and chatter spread around the room.

A lump bobbed in my throat as I watched her my concern grew taller by the minute."Miss Ohinwaa?"He repeated ,his tone clipped as she blinked then he placed his chalk down ,realised a heavy sigh and placed his chckerboard with a thud."You ve been acting strange all day ?"Then he pused and rubbed his temples,"And here I thought ,you were a bright student and now ,you are slacking.I am very disapponted in you—in all of you.Is this what you do all night instead of studyig but hanging out on Twitter and Youtube."He lectured."Your grades are pluminating and your contstant absence."

Thalia bowed her head and thumbed her fingers ,her face hot with embrassment.Students peered and gawked at her and bits of chatter but he wassnt done."This is what happens when you slack and waste your valuable time on the interweb."He made an error but no one bothered to correct him as a meek raised head went down and a student snickered.