Chapter 12

I have no clue where I'm going with this story... And I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while. School sucks....

*a couple weeks later*

(haha. skipping time...)

It's been a couple weeks since Benny kissed me. I stopped going to the sandlot. It just doesn't feel right to go there. Right now, and i don't know why, but i have no clue what to do. And I feel awkward. I don't know why.

Phillips has talked to me several times. And the truth is, he's not as bad as you'd think. Hanging out with Benny and the rest of the guys all my life in the Valley, you would think of Phillips and his team as a bunch of jerks. They're not, though. They're pretty nice.

I was with them right now. They had already started playing and Danni walked up to me.

"What do you want,?" i asked, rudely. She hates me and I hate her. I'm not gonna act nice to her if I don't like her. Logic, people.

"I'm just trying to be friendly. Besides, Phillips said I should be nicer to you since you're gonna be hanging out with us for awhile," she said.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I'm still not gonna be nice to her.

"Phillips! I need to talk to you!" I shouted, walking towards him. He ran to me.

"What?" He asked.

"Why do you make Dani be nice to me?" I asked. She didn't need to be.

"Because...?" He said, unsure. "I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about but yeah... She should be nice to you." He continued.

"Why don't you go home? You don't look like you're having much fun." He said.

"Okay..... Yeah......" I said. I was walking back to my house. I saw Yeah Yeah and ran up to him.

"Hey Yeah Yeah," I greeted. He looked at me and half smiled.

"Hey... Jordan..." He seemed hesitant. I wonder why? Probably because I haven't talked to him a whole lot.

"Are you okay?" I asked, just to make sure. He nodded. "Yeah, I just wasn't expecting you to talk to me." He said. Why wouldn't I want to talk to him?

"Why?" I asked.

"I dunno. You just hang our with Phillips so Mich I thought you ditched us." How could I ditch Yeah Yeah?

"Never," I tried reassuring. It didn't seem to work. "Where you headed?" I asked.

"Home. I hurt my arm throwing the ball." He informed me. "Oh," I said.

That was it. We said nothing more. He went on his way and I went mine. I wish it wouldn't have been so awkward with him. He was my best friend. But, there was nothing I could do about it. I continued walking home.

That night, I thought about how Yeah Yeah said they all thought I was a 'trader'. That's not what I am. I think I need to go apologize to everyone. Especially Benny.

"Just go to your room!" I heard my mom yell.

"Why? I don't listen to SOB's!" My brother yelled back. Why are they fighting again?

"You get your ass up to your room and don't come out till you can behave and act decent!" My mom has a really bad way of 'punishing' people.

This happens almost every night. I really am surprised that I've survived this long. But I guess that's because I've always had Yeah Yeah. Now, I don't have him. I don't have anyone...

Yeah, kind of a depressing chapter. I'm sorry. Its not that good either. But. The good news is that school is over now!! So I'll update more often, I hope. Again, I'm sorry this is a bad chapter.