Chapter 18

*Jordan's POV*

So, Benny might be jealous. That's what we all wanted. Right?

"Okay, guys. I think it worked!" Yeah Yeah cheered, turning to me.

"But, what if it didn't?" I asked, concern obvious in my voice. Yeah Yeah looked at me.

"Why would you say that?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Maybe he didn't see it. Yeah Yeah, you weren't looking at him the whole time, were you?" I asked.

"No, but why wouldn't he have seen? He was looking, wasn't he?"

"I think so..." I said. Yeah Yeah shrugged.

"Well, I'm gonna go home. You wanna come, Jordan?" Yeah Yeah asked me.

"Um..." I began, and I tried to listen to the inside of my house. "Hold on." I said, opening the door. I walked into my room, and grabbed my sweatshirt. I walked back out.

"Let's go," I said, saying nothing about my family. They weren't fighting, but I didn't want to take a chance. We walked to Yeah Yeah's. Phillips continued to his house. Yeah Yeah and I walked into the house, and I was instantly greeted by Yeah Yeah's mom.

"Hello, Jordan, sweetie," she smiled. I smiled back.

"Hello, Mrs. McLennan." I said back.

"Dinner's almost ready," she smiled, ushering us into the kitchen.

---

Yeah Yeah sat by me, but we continued to be silent.

"Well," I said.

"Yeah," Yeah Yeah sighed.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"I don't know..." Yeah Yeah said.

"Okay, well then, can we just get some sleep?" I asked. Yeah Yeah nodded and we slept through the night.

----

I woke up and heard Yeah Yeah talking to someone. I walked out into the kitchen, only to be greeted by the delicious smell of food.

"Come, deary, eat." Mrs. McLennan said. I smiled, sitting down at the table.

After we ate, we walked to the sandlot. I wasn't sure what would happen, if Benny would say anything about yesterday, of he even saw...

"Jordan! Come here!" I heard someone call. It was Ham.

"What?" I asked.

"Benny was looking for you," Ham informed me.

"Why?" I asked. Ham shrugged.

"Okay, where is he?" I asked. Ham pointed to where Benny was, since I didn't get a chance to look and see where everybody was. I walked over to Benny.

"Benny?" I said, trying to get Benny's attention. He turned to me.

"Jordan, I want to talk to you." He said.

"Okay... About what?"

"Yesterday" he said, slowly.

"Benny, listen. Phillips-" I was cut off.

"You really like him?" Benny asked.

"Um... Yeah...?" I said, quietly.

"Um... Jordan, I have to tell you something." He said. I gave him a confused look.

"Jordan, I still like you," he said. My heart practically stopped.

"W-what?" I asked, stunned. "B-but, you liked Dani," I tried to comprehend what he was saying.

"Yeah... But I still like you. I don't like Dani as much as I like you..." He admitted.

"But you don't like me, so I guess I just made a fool of myself," he trailed off.

"Benny?" I said.

"Yeah?"

"Are you still um... Dating Dani?" I asked.

"Kind of..."

"Well, I still like you. Too. And um... I never really liked Phillips..." I admitted. Hopefully he was telling the truth. Because I sure was.

"Really?" He kind of laughed. I nodded slowly. He sighed.

"I really do need to brake up with Dani" he laughed.

So, I guess we're okay now...?

How'd you like the update? Its 2 in the morning. And I can't sleep. Honestly tho, I hate the dark. And I have to have some sort of light on when I sleep. I know, I'm 13. But I'm scared of the dark. I hate it, and my phone helps me forget about the dark. Anyway, tell me if you liked this chapter. Have a great day!! :)