I Like You

Summary: Jake has been your best friend for years and can't stand your boyfriend. After you get stood up, he finally has enough

Yeah, your boyfriend will never understand me
Cause I'm 'bout to pull his girl like a hammy

I Like You (Happier Song) x Post Malone feat. Doja Cat

Jake

"Fucking dumb ass mother fucker!" Beckham yells as she flops down next to me on her couch cushion. I know exactly why she's annoyed right now, it's like fuckin' clockwork. She's spent the last hour getting dolled up to go on a date with her dipshit of a boyfriend, Carter.

"Shitface have a "work emergency" come up?" I ask.

"Am I that transparent or does it happen that often? I dunno which is worse at this point," Beckham huffs. "He says his relief can't make it in, which I'm well aware is horse shit since he would have known that 2 hours ago. What a waste of saving my appetite all day and this dress."

She stands, moving to pull of her shoes and I take a second to fully admire her. She's wearing a fitted long sleeved dark red dress, her hair is in messy sexy curls, dark rimmed eyes, red lips and the most "fuck me" heeled boots to ever exist. The black, velvety fabric stretches up over her knees and leaves a small, teasing gap of skin between the top of the boots and then hem of her dress. I snap out of it in enough time to catch myself before drool dribbles down the side of my mouth and grab her wrist as an idea hits me. I know how much Carter hates me and regularly accuses Beckham and I having a secret thing when they're broken up, so we're about to slap him upside the head with what I have planned.

"The fuck you are, short stack! I'm taking you out, go get your fine ass in the truck!" I stand, grab my keys, and head to the door. Beckham is standing where I left her, head tilted in confusion.

"Ok, ok. I know my gym shorts and old ass Texas football shirt isn't anywhere near your caliber of sexy, but we'll swing by my place long enough for me to change. Now let's go!" She's still standing there looking dumbfounded, so I grab her purse and throw her things in it then throw her over my shoulder.

"Jake! You're about to show the entire neighborhood how little my thong actually covers!" Beckham scrambles and tries to pull the bottom of her dress down.

"I got this, no worries!" I bring the hand carrying her purse up to block the view to anyone...but me. I'm beyond tired of dancing around how much we want each other, the sexual tension is thicker than Rooster's porn 'stache. I carry Beck out to my truck, then plop her in the passenger seat. She stays silent the entire drive to my townhouse. When I park the truck, I get out and walk out to her side then I pull her phone out of her purse and hand it to her.

"Here's what you're gonna do; you're gonna text that loser and tell him that you're done with his tiny dick bullshit and are moving on to bigger and better. This can go one of two ways, you can join me for dinner because I'm starving, then we can go home like normal. OR you can stick with me for the rest of the night and I can actually show you what bigger and better feels like. Your choice. I'm gonna run in and change and you can take the time to ponder your decision, ok? No pressure either way, I swear." I leave a kiss on her forehead then hustle inside to clean up. I'm in and out within ten minutes and am happy to find her still waiting in the truck. I admittedly took a big risk in manhandling her into dinner and was really worried it backfired on me. I did have a solid feeling she was into it though, because I've seen how she looks at me when I give orders as team leader. I hop in the truck and turn to look at her.

"I was worried I ran you off, angel. I'm glad you stayed," I tell her softly and am rewarded with her megawatt smile.

"No, it was the wake up call I needed. Thank you, cowboy. So, I made my decision," she smirks at me, leaving me hanging. Trust me, the irony is not lost on me there.

"And that would be...?"

"I'm very much looking forward to finding out what bigger and better is like."

Blood rushes to my dick and I throw my head back with a groan. "Dammit woman, I'm trying to behave here and take you to a nice dinner first!" This makes her bust out laughing. She pulls up her phone and flips the camera to face us, then leans in and presses her perfect lips against my cheek before snapping a picture.

"This has a dual purpose, really. Number one, to document our first date. Number two, this will be accompanying the text I've yet to send to Carter that says 'oh fuck, we had plans? My bad, I guess finally being treated right by an actual man made it slip my mind'. What do you think?" She asks.

My jaw drops and I have to adjust my pants. "Jesus Christ, Beckham. Hit send while I back out before you break my will and I take you in the truck without even making it out of the driveway."

She smirks and hits send, then drops her phone in the cup holder between us. It immediately starts buzzing with messages coming through, then a call from the dickhead himself. Beckham sees this, hits ignore, then turns her phone off.

"Take me to dinner, hotshot. Then we can go back to my house and have crazy and loud sex that obnoxious next door neighbors won't interrupt."

I pull her in for a quick but heated kiss, back out of my garage, and drop my hand on the soft skin of her thigh with a smile. "As you wish it, m'lady." She grins at the Princess Bride reference and laces her fingers in mine. Who knew that the shitface that is Carter would go from being what kept us apart to what pushed us together?