So It Goes...*

And all the pieces fall right into place. Getting caught up in the moment, lipstick on your face.

"You about ready to go baby?" Jake calls from across the room.

It's the evening of the annual US Navy Birthday Ball and I'm putting the finishing touches of my makeup on in the bathroom of our hotel room.
Given that my husband is a member of the famous (or infamous, depending on who you ask) Dagger Squadron, staying in the hotel even though we live 15 minutes away is a requirement. Now that all the members of the team have settled down, the Daggers and their plus ones have been given the "most likely to get rowdy" title for the last 5 years straight. Maggie, Rooster's wife, and I spent a good bit of time searching for our dresses and I fell in love with the one I found. It's rose gold and sparkly and Jake is gonna lose his shit over it. Between the deep plunging neckline and the high slit at the thigh, he won't be able to keep his hands off of me and that's just how I want it.
My eyes are dusted with champagne colored eyeshadow and winged eyeliner and I apply one more coat of deep mauve lipstick over my lips before I walk into the room and reply.

"Yep, you ready handsome?"

Jake's jaw drops when he looks up from his seat at the foot of the bed. *Holy. Shit. Honey, are you tryin' to kill me?!" He asks, dramatically clutching his chest. I move in front of him to stand between his knees and tie his tie, a tradition we've had for the entirety of us being together. While he's more than capable of tying it himself, it started when he brought me to my first naval ball ten years ago. I was so nervous that I couldn't sit still, so he had me tie his tie to help distract me. Jake's hands land on my hips as I work the fabric into a tidy knot. He stands and takes slow steps until my back lands against the wall, our eyes locked on each other and a devious smirk on my face the entire time.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" He asks and I reply with a nod. Jake's lips crash down onto mine in a kiss full of barely restrained lust. I regretfully push him back knowing we're bordering on being late at this point.

"As damn good as you look in those blues, commander, we gotta get going. And I gotta touch up my lips now."

I grab a wipe out of my bag to clean the lipstick off of his face before I swipe a final layer over my lips and grab Jake's hand to drag him through the door.

I'm yours to keep, and l'm yours to lose

"Admiral Simpson, you remember my wife." Jake smiles as Cyclone leans in to hug me.

"As if I could forget the better Seresin half, great to see you again little lady."

"You as well, admiral. If you'll excuse us, we have some hooligans to wrangle." | grin as I slip out of his embrace and head over to our table.
A loud ruckus rises from the table as we approach.

"The commander and the First Lady have arrived!" Bradley stands and bows, making us laugh.

"Sit your tipsy ass down, Roos. We have all the speeches to get through before the fun can really start." Jake tells him with a shove.

We take our seats and the lights sun, signaling the beginning of the ceremony. My chair is pulled closer to Jake's after we make our way through dinner and a handful of speakers have come and gone. I'm invested in a conversation with a very pregnant Maggie about bottle vs. breast feeding when a warm palm snakes it's way under the slit in my dress. I turn my head to look at the culprit, only to find him with his attention on Javy while passionately they discuss the Cowboys' season. Another speaker steps up and the conversations die down once again. Jake uses his free hand to pull my chair flush to his and the nice grants him access to slide his hand higher up my leg. Teasing fingers trace circles on the inside of my thigh and I have no idea who is even speaking at the moment. Static fills my brain when he leans in and places a gentle kiss at the corner of my jaw.