One Beer

Summary: Beckham tells her husband she's pregnant

Flashback to two pink lines
A whole bunch of prayin' and doubtin'
Felt like the end of the world
Now the world don't spin without 'em
All 'cause one beer turns into a lit cigarette
Burnin' into a two-beer buzz
Three beers turns into five then six
Then a love-drunk kiss in the back of that truck
Just like that, everything rearranges
Life changes out of the blue
It's just a Bud Light, but ain't it funny what
One beer can turn into?

One Beer x Hardy feat. Lauren Alaina

Jake

I'm pulled from sleep at the sound of a toilet flushing. Poor Beck, she's had a stomach bug the last few days and I'm just waiting until it hits me. She must have just thrown up again, given that the sun isn't even up yet. I roll out of bed and shuffle towards the kitchen to grab Beckham a ginger ale, a small Gatorade, and some peanut butter crackers to help settle her stomach so she can go back to sleep. By the time I make it back to our room, Beckham is propped against the doorway between the bathroom and bedroom with a mischievous look on her face.

"Angel, I love you more than life itself, but it's too damn early for whatever shenanigans you've got up your sleeve. Out with it, short stack," I tell her as I flop back onto the bed. She saunters towards the bed with her hand behind her back and my brows crease in curiosity. Beckham brings the hand from behind her back up to my line of vision and I see a stick in her hand.

Wait a minute.

"Is that a-?" I start to ask when Beck cuts me off.

"Pregnancy test? Yep!" She smirks, then climbs into bed and hands me the test.  I look down and clearly see two pink lines on the test, making my jaw drop. Then another one is placed in my hand.  This one is digital, and clearly says pregnant 3+ weeks on the little screen. 

"We're having a baby?" I ask, eyes wide. 

"Looks like the butterflies you gave me grew into two tiny feet," Beckham smiles at me, eyes watery.  "Also explains why I'm all pukey and you're not.  Are you happy, cowboy?"

"Oh angel, I'm so happy.  There's gonna be a mini Hangman and Halo...a baby Hanglo!  I can't wait to tell all of our friends and family!"  I leap off the bed and wrap her in my arms, spinning her around as we both giggle in joy.  I gently lay her back on the bed and kiss across her belly. 

"Goooood morning, lady or gentleman!  This is your daddy speaking.  You stay nice and cozy in there until it's launch time.  I love you, little one," I speak against the smooth skin below Beckham's belly button.  

"So does the due date match up to that late night beach bonfire where snuck off to that little beach alcove?" I ask her. Beckham takes a second to do the mental math, then smiles back at me with wide eyes.

"Oh shit, it definitely matches up!  Look at you with your super swimmers, the one time we slip up, you get me pregnant," she teases.

"Best slip up ever. Also proves whiskey dick is just an excuse only schmucks use when they can't get it up," I smirk at her, earning a shove against my shoulder that makes me dramatically fall backwards onto the bed, pulling her with me. She collapses on top of me in giggles and I roll us onto our sides and tuck her into my chest.

"Given the fact that you don't half ass anything, I wouldn't be surprised if it's twins," Beckham jokes as she pokes at my stomach.

"You joke, but I'd be so damn excited about that!" Comes my retort. "Seriously, nothing would make me happier than having a ton of baby Hanglos running around. I have a feeling I'm gonna love you being pregnant and will make it happen as many times as you allow it." I lean in and give her a slow, deep, passion filled kiss.

We spend the next little bit letting the thought we're having a baby settle in. Eventually Beck gets sleepy again and drifts off as I run my fingers through her hair. I follow soon behind her and dream of dark haired, green eyed babies filling our lives with dirt and laughter.