Last Night

Based on the song Last Night x Morgan Wallen

Last night we let the liquor talk, can't remember everything we said but we said it all

"Uhh, hey. It's me...obviously, since you have a phone made after 2005. Anyway, I just...wanted to tell you I hate the way we left things last night. Forgot there was a reason I don't drink too much tequila, it makes me an insecure asshole."

You said you wish I was someone that you never met, but baby something's tellin' me this ain't over yet

"I'm shit with emotions, I know. And it's not an excuse! But hearing you say that you wish you'd gone to a different bar instead of the Hard Deck that night? That...that's something that will haunt me forever. I hate that I hurt you that bad. I wouldn't trade a single second with you for anything and I know we've got so much more in store for us."

No way it was the last night I kissed your lips, made you grip the sheets with your fingertips

"The first time we barreled through the door, leaving a trail of clothes to the bedroom, I knew you were it for me. The thought of never seeing you with white knuckles, hands tangled in the sheet and my hair as you try to keep quiet since Javy is asleep in the other room punches a hole in my chest."

Last bottle of Jack we split a fifth, talkin' bout life and goin' sip for sip

"How could I let something that I only associate with happiness become so bitter? Fuck, I hope I didn't ruin that memory. The one on a blanket in the sand, you sitting between my knees and leaning back against my chest by the bonfire a few dates in. Sharing secrets and dreams along with shots straight from the bottle."

You know you love to fight, and I say shit I don't mean

"You're the only person that can honestly call me out when I'm being a dick and you keep me on my toes. Nobody's ever been able to keep up with me, verbally throw down with me the way you do. And I don't think there will ever be anyone who can. I know I talk out of my ass a lot, but I took it too far and I know it. I just...I know you're too good for me. Rooster tells me I don't deserve you and that you could do so much better all the time. I'll deny it till I die if you repeat this, but he's right. You could have anyone in the world, yet you chose my dumbass. I guess I thought if I could be the one who did the hurting, it wouldn't hurt me."

But I'm still gonna wake up wantin' you and me

"I just keep waiting for you to wake up and realize you don't want me anymore. I got scared and took it out on you and I'm so sorry. I woke up yesterday wanting a life with you, and I still do today. I want all my tomorrows to have you in them. You're it for me, darlin'. Fuck, I shouldn't be dumping this on your voicemail, but I couldn't go another second without telling you this, didn't want your day to start without knowing how much you mean to me. You were sleeping so peacefully when I left this morning that I didn't have the heart to wake you. Let me know when you wake up, yeah? I'll try and get my lunch to be whatever time works for you so we can eat together. If you want, I mean. You have every right to be mad at me and want some space. I'm not above bribery and groveling, so I'm offering a trip to the food truck market where I'll buy you all the things and won't even complain if you spill ranch in the passenger seat! Um, anyway. I'm about to walk into the hangar so I guess I gotta go. You're the best part of my life, honey. I love you so much. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon. Umm ok, bye."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Uhhh, hey. It's me, obviously..."