Mom & Dad Don't Get Out Much

Beckham

Today is the day or sweet Bobby boy marries
Jake's cousin Nora. The pair met at our wedding about four years ago and I was so excited that he found himself a little southern Belle from Texas like I'd hoped before our life changing mission.

Austin and Aurora are almost 3 and Emmy Jett just turned 5. I can't believe how quickly time has passed and how big the babies have gotten. The Trio of Trouble quickly realized they outnumbered Jake and I and terrorize us whenever possible.

We absolutely saw it coming between our own personalities, and honestly, we find it hilarious more often than not.

Bob and Nora are getting married on her family's ranch back home in Texas and we all happily made the trip back. Unsurprisingly, Austin is the ring bearer and Emmy and Aurora are the flower girls. Jake's parents graciously agreed to take the kids back to their house and keep them for the night once the traditional parts of the reception were over, and Jake and I were beyond excited to have a night out with our friends without having to worry about the kids. Unlike Nat and Brad's wedding, Jake and I are attending as guests and not a bridesmaid or groomsmen so there's nothing for us to do but enjoy our night out.

"Hot damn, angel! You look good.," Jake whistles appreciatively when I walk out of the guest bathroom of his parents house.

"Because I am good, Cowboy. Too good to be true," I wink, throwing his infamous line back at him.

Jake groans. "I'm never living that down, am I?"
"Not a chance, my love. Now, let's wrangle our terrors and get this show on the road!"

Getting 3 small children into car seats is no easy feat and I'm sweating by the time we're all in the car. Emmy Jett, thankfully, doesn't give us much lip about it and happily climbs into her seat and buckles herself in. The twins? Not so much.

Jake and I tag team, him taking Austin and me taking Aurora. Austin clings to the doorframe, refusing to even be put in the car and Ari straightens her tiny but might body into an immovable plank. The kids think it's hilarious and the car is filled with their giggles until we finally get them buckled in.

The ceremony goes off without a hitch, the littlest Seresins were surprisingly cooperative and I feel like it has more to do with their Nana bribing them with cake and less to do with their excitement for Uncle Bobby and Aunt Nory. The
three of them have the time of their little lives, bouncing around the dance floor, snacking on dinner rolls, then devouring cupcakes. During the father dance, Jake grabbed both the girls and spun them around the dance floor. I did the same with Austin for the mother son dance and he adorably snuggled into my neck, a sure sign it was time to send the babies back with their grandparents for the night. The other families with kids and the older guests start to filter out as well, and the DJ starts playing the less family appropriate songs.

Jake has absolutely taken advantage of the open bar and I swear I haven't seen him with his cup less than half full all night. He's currently cutting up with the rest of the Daggers at our table, his shirt and tie already hanging off the back of his chair, leaving him in his navy blue undershirt. Fanboy shed his own dress shirt, leaving him in a ridiculous tuxedo shirt. They're all laughing hysterically at something, so I use the opportunity to chug a good bit of Jake's drink before he gets the chance to do it himself while he's distracted. Once he spots me, he pulls me into his lap and I join in on the conversation of Bob and Nora being ready to start trying for babies as he wraps his arms around me. Jake's in the middle of telling the story of how we had to potty train Austin by letting him pee off the back porch when Usher's "Yeah!" comes on. The second I heard the opening beat, I'm shooting out of my husband's lap and dragging him to the dance floor. The rest of the couples join us and we're all singing along and shaking our asses.

Somehow, Jake ends up getting drinks every few songs and I'm well on my way to being sloshed trying to keep him from being three sheets to the wind. "Party In The USA" comes on and I manage to get a video of Jake singing at the top of his lungs and doing the most hilarious bbq dad dance moves. Up until this point, l've been dancing relatively tamely. Then "Get Low" comes on and the feral finally comes out. My back is glued to Jake's front, hips swiveling in sync and proudly shaking my ass against him, when I feel his hand land on the back of my neck. Before I even have time to react, he's pushing me down and bending me all the way over and making me yelp in surprise. Since we're both well past tipsy, he pushes with a little more force and l'm off balance, so I catch myself with my hands on the floor and his is still on the back of my neck.

Rooster noticed it first, proudly yelling
"Oooohhhh shit! Baby #4 is being made tonight!"
The rest of the squad chimes in with a chorus of
"Fuck yeah!" "Get it, Hangman!" or "Atta girl, that's why you're somebody's mama!" The last one unsurprisingly came from Nat.

I raise back up and go back to dancing as if our whole squadron didn't just get an intimate peek of how we ended up having 3 kids under 3. Jake snakes his arms around me, one across my belly and the other banding across my chest. The palm splayed over my belly rubs gentle circles and I look up at him over my shoulder with an eyebrow raised.

"What? You did say to give your uterus a breather. The twins are 3 now, and I definitely don't hate the thought of giving you another baby to grow." He waggles his eyebrows suggestively.

All I can do is laugh and lean in to kiss him. "We'll see, you caveman. Dance with me all night and your chances will be higher," I wink and turn back to shaking my ass on him.
Morgan Wallen starts to play and I jump around singing like it's my own personal concert. A slower song comes on and Jake turns me and wraps me up in his arms. My cheek is nuzzled against his chest when "It's Your Love" starts to play over the sound system. Jake grabs my hand, spins me around a few times, then dramatically dips me back for a heated kiss. More whoops and applause come from the Daggers when he lifts me back up and pulls me into his chest. The boys start chanting "baby 4! Baby 4! Baby 4!" over and over and we can't help but laugh. I just shrug, because I really wouldn't mind another and neither would Jake. We say our goodbyes and climb in the truck to head back to the little guest house we're staying in. A giggle slips out of me when I overhear Nora ask Bob a question.

"Are they always this wild?" She asks her new husband.

Bob chuckles when he replies. "Nah, mom and dad just don't get out much, so when they do, they go all out."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Fun fact, this is absolutely based on how my husband and I behaved at our friend's wedding Friday night 😂😂😂