12| When You Don't Smile

P.O.V: Zach

"Look all I'm saying is that if that test is any harder than the review, I'm screwed." Gavin said

We were currently in between drills. We were doing some sort of station activity followed by God forbidden suicides becuase someone left their gear in the lockeroom last night.

"Maybe if you actually paid attention in class it wouldn't be so hard." I stated with a cocky smirk

Gavin and Mick just rolled their eyes at me waving there hands to brush me off.

They were complaining about the gov test, like really? Is the legislative branch that hard?

"Just because school is easy for you Zach doesn't mean it's easy for them" Hayden, our goalie stated.

"No, it's not that." I said with an eye roll, "it's because they sit on tinder all class with their radius set to the nearest college campus."

Hayden chuckled slightly. Before yelling...

"Wait you two are into that alfa pie omega star ship, zodiac, give us your first born blood shit?"

Mick and Gavin turned around sharply their faces red under their cages.

They opened their mouth to reply but were cut short by coach yelling.

"Alright, on the line!"

Fuck.

Suicides

Back and forth back and forth for the last 30 minutes of practice.

My chest was rising and falling as if I had asthma and my legs were shaking bad.

"Christ, my legs are shaking like I'm a girl having an orgasm." Chris said from down the line.

I smirked slightly.

"How would you know, you've never given a girl one." I replied with a sarcastic smile before staring the next round of suicides.

"Oh speak for yourself Knight." Chris shouted back.

Rolled my eyes.

"At least I can pull if I wanted to. You're DMs are drier than the desert." I replied back.

I few teammates chuckling.

Banter was always good when practice got boringly hard like this. Nothing was more boring and more hard then running 30 minutes of suicides.

Which is why I was grateful that the clock read 5 minutes and coach blew the whistle for us to huddle up.

I was facing coach, with my back to the bench leaning agaisnt the board for support. Seriously I think my legs were gonna give out.

Coach rambled on about something and a game coming up, but I didn't listen because my attention was pulled else where.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see someone sitting in the stands. I turned my head to find out who it was and I found myself surprised when I noticed the figure almost immediately.

Elbows rested on her knees and head rested in her hands she was watching us intently.

I took my eyes off her for just a moment to look at the clock on the wall.

Damn she was here early early.

I raised an eyebrow at it and looked at Mick who also had noticed her on the bleachers.

I had been slightly concerned for Hazel, so were some of the hockey boys. She had come into mini mite practice yesterday with her eyes slightly red.

She didn't hold more than a 4 word conversation and just sat in the office all practice texting frantically on her phone.