29| You Didn't Know?

P.O.V: Hazel

I walked into Daves familiar office sitting down at one if the desk chairs with Conner following suit.

"Like I said in the hall Hazel I was looking at some of your film." Dave started explaining sitting down at his desk and logging into his computer.

"You mean the incident." Conner stated being very dry cut.

I just gave him the side eye.

"Let's call it what it was, it was an accident." I stated

The kid who hit me apologies still sat in the back of my mind, hell he even visited me in the hospital after I woke up and offered to pay for some of my bills.

"Sure, whatever you want to call it Hazel. But if you're OK with it I wanted to watch it with you and get your feed back on what happened." Coach Dave said waiting for my approval.

I just nodded and watched as he transferred the footage to a big TV screen in the corner of the office. Both me and Conner turned our attention to it.

I could feel Conner tense up as we did.

The screen clicked on and an areal shot of the rink appeared on the screen. Conner was watching the puck intently as it was in our zone, I was in the corner raising a kids stick to get on his nerves.

He called me a bitch. I do remember that detail.

Killian got the puck down out of the Zone and it passed off into the neutral. Killian shot and it deflected he wrapped around the back of the net and passed it to me. I lifted my stick for the slap shot and boom there came the elbow. And I fell to the ground.

The play continued for a second till the ref blew the whistle and the rink got quite. The only voice that could be heard was Conners

"Hazel! Hazel!"

He skated quickly acrossed the ice and shoved the kid to the ground but was held by Killian before he could do more.

And I lay there as Ryan walked out onto the ice.

Coach Dave stopped the footage.

"And obviously here is where you were unconscious." Dave stated and I shook my head no causing him to stop speaking.

Conner looked at me slightly shocked.

I continued to shake my head no.

"I wasn't unconscious." I stated. I hadn't told anyone that. Ever. Not even the therapist the doctors made me see.

Conner looked dumbfounded. "Hazel I was there, trust me you weren't awake, you've seen the film maybe a 100 times maybe you're getting confused."

I shook my head again. "I was conscious, but I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I couldn't see. All I could do was hear." I paused for a moment because coach Dave seemed to be processing everything I was saying. "I could hear everything, when Ryan asked if I was ok, when the kid apologized, you screaming my name I could hear all of it."

the room felt still for a moment and I tried to discribe how it felt to be laying there but I couldnt find the words.

"You felt helpless." Coach Dave said taking my words and putting it into feelings.

"Yeah."

The room sat in silence while Dave looked of in the distance. Conner looked like he was processing. I just bit my lip, unsure of what to say.

"Hazel I think you need a type of exposure therapy." Dave stated

I looked at him like he was dumb. I'd done therapy, and in case he couldn't tell I wasn't great at expressing my feelings.