35| I know Something No One Else Does

P.O.V: Zach 

School was getting progressively easier and it scared me, because that meant a really hard week of tests, after test, after test was coming up. 

Yet somehow Hazel seemed to go through it like it was a breeze. I was equally impressed and irritated by it. She was starting to become known more than just ‘the hockey team's friend’ and more “oh you know Hazel she's the really smart girl in our class.”

Exiting the lunch line I began walking over to our table, everyone but Hazel was sitting down, per usual. 

She always got out of art class a little late.

As I got closer to the table I locked eyes with Mick who immediately looked away.

I raised an eyebrow at this. Mick had been oddly silent all day, and if you know Mick you know he can't shut up to save his life.

“What's up with you? You've been quiet all day.” I asked/ stated.

Mick suddenly snapped into wide eyed attention shaking his head like a dog.

“Nothing, I'm fine.” he said, his voice slightly faltering.

“No youre not, you looked… well constipated or conflicted I can't tell the difference.” 

Mick nodded his head in a weird manor before awning.

“You're right, I am conflicted, I just…”

But his voice trailed off as Hazel walked up to the table putting her lunch tray down and she gave Mick a weird look as he looked at her in complete shock. 

Like she wasn't wearing any clothes almost. It was well… weird.

“What's up with you?” She asked just as confused as everyone else.

She waited for a response but getting none she turned to me. “What's up with him?”

I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Not sure.” I responded before biting into my sandwich.

Hazel looked back at Mick and he instantly looked away, she gave him another funny as she sat down slowly.

“Ok…” She said trailing out her voice at Mick abnormal behavior. 

But she shook her head and brushed it off faster than it came, assuming that it was after all, Mick.

“Look there is some rumor that a few of my…” She had to stop talking for a moment to cough and I instantly gave Hazel a concerned look.

“God please tell me youre not getting that flu.” I said referring to the flu that had currently taken down half of the mini mite team and their parents.

But Hazel shook head instantly, finishing her coughing fit.

“No, I'm fine, it's just a cough.” She replied with a smile but I gave her a nervous glance.

“Ok, sure. Just please God don't get the team sick.” At my comment Hazel just rolled her eyes practically saying “shut up i'm not sick.”

“Look there is a rumor that in a week or two some of my friends from Plainwell will be visiting.”

“Who?’ Mick said his head shooting up and making eager eye contact with Hazel.

“Well Conner, and another friend.. His name is Killian.” She said hesitantly as Mick made a face and looked back down at the lunch room floor.

She turned and looked at me confused again before looking at Zane who just gave her a ‘I don't know’ reaction. 

“Well they're both hockey players and are really interested in your guys' indoor training facility, I wasn't sure if maybe…” She trailed off knowing that the question was already asked.

“Sure Hotshot, on one condition though.” Zane said, grabbing one of my chips from my tray.

Hazel raised her eyebrows waiting for the conditions, she was smart and never agreed to them until after she knew what they were.

“You have to draw a picture of Scarlett Johansson naked riding a horse for me.” 

Hazel scrunched up her face in disgust.

“Bullshit you actually want that.” She and Zane shrugged his shoulders with a cocky grin.

He didn't actually want it, he just wanted Hazel to draw it.

“I will not draw you a picture just for you to throw it away Zane, not happening, name something realistic.”

Mick mumbled something we all couldn't hear so we turned to look at him, but when he didnt repeat it we all chose to ignore him. His little attitude was all making us somewhat annoyed, because he was acting like a elementry boy. 

“How about pizza? You have to buy us all pizza for afterwards and allow you new friend and your brother to tell funny stories about you.” Micah offered and the table agreed.

“Deal, no problem.” Hazel ageed with confidence, like there was was nothing funny about her to tell.

But we all knew different, God and everyone at this table was going to make fun of her for the rest of her life about whatever stories they told.

Words: 801