The Philosophers Stone: Part 10

[Later on, the Hogwarts Express is traveling through the countryside. Hazel is in sitting alone in a train compartment, and Ron appears in the doorway.]
Ron: Excuse me, do you mind? Everywhere else is full.

"Was it full or did you just want to sit with the great Hazel Potter," Hazel lifts her head looking at Ron with a joking smirk.

Hazel: No, not at all.
Ron: [sits across from Hazel] I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley.
Hazel: I'm Hazel. Hazel Potter.
[Ron goes agape.]

Everyone laughs at Ron's expression while Ron's face goes about as red as his hair.

Ron: So-so it's true? I mean, do you really have the...the...
Hazel: The what?
Ron: [whispers] Scar...?

"RON! You can't just ask people that! As we have seen that scar has caused a lot of pain!" Molly yells out embarrased her son acted like that.
"It's okay Mrs Weasley I didn't mind," Hazel says.

Hazel: Oh [lifts up her bangs to reveal it]
Ron: Wicked.
[A trolley comes by the compartment, full of sweets.]
Woman: Anything off the trolley, dears?
Ron: [Holds up his mushed sandwiches] No, thanks, I'm all set. [smacks lips.]

Molly looks down upset that she sent Ron on the train with just a sandwich.
"Mom it's okay," Ron smiles at her already knowing the spiral she was going down.

Hazel: We'll take the lot! [pulls out coins]
Ron: Whoa!

"So that's how you became friends, you just bought his friendship with food," Ginny laughs at her brother.

[A bit later, Hazel and Ron are now sitting together eating bundles of sweets. Ron's rat, Scabbers, is perched on Ron's knee, a box over his head.]
Hazel: Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans?
Ron: They mean every flavour! There's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also spinach, liver and tripe. George sweared he got a bogey-flavoured one once!

Sirius laughs, "How do you know what bogey tastes like?"
"Ask Fred," George glares at his brother jokingly.

[Hazel quickly takes the bean he was chewing out of his mouth.]

"Smart choice," Draco says.

Hazel: [picks up a blue and gold package] These aren't real chocolate frogs, are they?
Ron: It's just a spell. Besides, it's the cards you want. Each pack's got a famous witch or wizard. I got about 500 meself. [Hazel opens the package, and a chocolate frog jumps onto the window and climbs up.] Watch it! [The frog reaches the open gap in the window, and jumps out.] Oh, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them to begin with.

Remus pouts with the waste of chocolate and Sirius reaches over handing Remus a chocolate bar to make him stop pouting. Remus takes it and starts eating it happily.

Hazel: [seeing Dumbledore's image in the card] I got Dumbledore!

Dumbledore smiles seeing has he is Hazel's first ever card.

Ron: I got about 6 of him.
[Hazel looks at the card again, but Dumbledore has vanished.]
Hazel: Hey, he's gone!
Ron: Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day, can you?

"Well muggle pictures just stay in one place," A shy first year hufflepuff muggleborn says.

Ron: [Scabbers squeaks] This is Scabbers, by the way, pathetic, isn't he?
Hazel: A little.

"Hey that looks like you wormtail," James whispers.
Peter just glares at the screen and Remus notices and wonders what is going on with his friend.

Ron: Fred gave me a spell as to turn him yellow. Want to see?
Hazel: Yeah!
Ron: [clears throat] Ahem. Sun-
[A girl called Hermione Granger, with bushy brown hair, dressed in robes, appears at the doorway.]

"HAS MY HAIR ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE THAT?" Hermione yells out trying to fix her hair.
"Yes, but it looks good now," Hazel responds to her.

Hermione: Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one.
Ron: No.
Hermione: Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then.
Ron: [clears throat again] Sunshine, daises, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!

Fred and George break out laughing along with the Prewett twins, James, Sirius, and Remus.
"I can't believe you fell for that," Fred says falling out of his chair.

[He zaps Scabbers, but nothing happens. Ron shrugs.]
Hermione: Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example... [Hermione goes over and sits across from Hazel. She points her wand at her glasses and Hazel tenses] Oculus Reparo. [The tape on the nose-band vanishes, repairing her glasses as if they were good as new. Hazel takes them off, amazed.] That's better, isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Hazel Potter. I'm Hermione Granger...and you are...?

"You know you're kind of bossy," Severous says glaring a little.
"Shut it," Hermione says blushing

Ron: [with his mouth full] I'm...Ron Weasley...
Hermione: Pleasure. You two better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon. [Gets up and leaves, then comes back and looks at Ron.] You've got dirt, on your nose, by the way, did you know? Just there. [Points to the dirt mark on Ron's nose. Ron scratches his nose, embarrassed.]

"That was a little mean Hermione," Lily says kindly
"I know that now," Hermione responds.