The Chamber of Secrets: Part 13

[The trio study. Hazel, burdened by dark thoughts, looks up at Ron. He smiles at Hazel, then, seconds later, Hermione does the same -- something forced about it all. Unable to bear it, Hazel gathers her books, gets up from the table.]

This doesn't make anyone feel better about the situation at hand. Ginny, Neville, and Draco already feel bad but then seeing the way her best friends we acting, made them feel worse somehow. Hermione and Ron now seeing the awkward smiles they gave now realize why Hazel ran out of the room. They don't blame her either. They are starting to feel worse and worse. They hate how they treated Hazel and they even wonder why she would forgive any of them.

[As Hazel walks, students glance up, meet her gaze, then look away. Even Madam Pince eyes her from her desk. Ginny Weasley, tired and pale, scribbles furiously in a small black book.]

"Okay this isn't right! Even the professors are treating her differently!" Reglulus explaims.
Ron and Hermione turn and glance at Hazel as she didn't tell them about the looks she got from the professors. Then when they think about it, they noticed that this is when her trust in people started to go down slightly.
"What is it with that book though?" Remus says eyeing the book Ginny is writing in.

[Hazel exits, walks into the hallway and pauses. From inside a room, the voices of a group of Hufflepuffs can be heard.]
Ernie: So, anyway, I told Justin to hide up in our dormitory. I mean to say, if Potter's marked him down as her next victim, it's best he keep a low profile for a while.

Regulus glares at the screen just wishing he could jump through and murder this kid. He might not be an evil person but he was willing to kill some of these kids for how they are acting. As it seems Bellatrix was thinking the same thing, not that she would ever admit it.

Hannah: But why would she want to attack Justin?
Ernie: Justin let it slip to Potter that he was Muggle-born.
Hannah: And you definitely think Potter's the Heir of Slytherin?
Erine: Hannah, she's a Parselmouth. Everyone knows that's the mark of a dark wizard. Have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself Serpent-tongue. (whispering darkly) Remember what was written on the wall: Enemies of the Heir Beware. Potter had some sort of run-in with Filch. Next thing we know, Filch's cat's attacked. That first-year Creevey's been annoying Potter. Then Creevey's attacked.

"I thought Hogwarts was supposed to be a safe space, this doesn't seem like its very safe if my daughter is hearing people talking about her like she is some sort of murderer!" James yells out making multiple people think about that.
"Now you know how some of us feel," Snape sneers out making James look down.

Hannah: She always seems so nice, though. And, after all, she is the one who made You-Know-Who disappear.
Ernie: That's probably why You-Know-Who wanted to kill her in the first place. Didn't want another Dark Lady competing with him.

"Do they even hear themselves, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard," Sirius says loudly annoyed with what he is hearing.
Remus, knowing that Hazel probably needs someone to comfort her, reaches over and hugs her tightly. She hugs back scared to let go. She holds on so tightly that Remus just moves her to sit basically on his lap knowing that she wasn't going to be letting go anytime soon.
Ron, as much as it pained him, knew that Hazel's trust for people started to die during their second year, and it only grew worse for the poor girl. He wondered how she was able to still have fun with everything going on for her. With everything she has been through, it's a miracle that she is still able to smile.

[Hazel doesn't need to hear anymore. She slips quietly away.]

"Smart choice," Molly says saddened about what she has seen.