The Philosophers Stone: Part 12

[She leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with thousands of students, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.]
Hermione: It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History.

"Oh my god it's a little Lily!" Mary shouts out laughing as Lily wacks the back of her head.

[McGonagall leads the first-years to the front where the Sorting Hat lies on the stool.]
McGonagall: Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words.

"DUMBLES!" Sirius shouts out as the headmaster fights a small smile.

[Dumbledore rises from the main table.]
Dumbledore: I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch [shows a ragged old man, called Mr. Argus Filch, with his cat with red eyes, called Mrs. Norris.] has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you.[He sits back down]

Everyone sits frozen before turning to Dumbledore who is trying to sink into his chair, he doesn't even know what they are talking about but knows he's going to get yelled at.
"PAINFUL DEATH!"
"I THOUGHT HOGWARTS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE!"
"YEAH BECAUSE THAT'S GOING TO NOT SPIKE SOME FIRST YEARS TO BE CURRIOUS!"
"THAT IS A HORRIBE DESISION!"
Dumbledore is just looking down as even the other professors glare at him.
"Wait is no one going to question why all the first years look down and then there's Hazel looking at Dumbledore with a 'what the fuck' look?" Barty asks and no one says anything about his language now noticing what he was talking about and breaking out laughing. Hazel just sits there with a blush hoping that no one would point that out.

McGonagall: When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger.
Hermione: [to herself] Oh, no. Okay, relax. [She goes up]
Ron: Mental that one, I'm telling you.

"RON WEASLEY!" Molly shouts scaring people
"I appologized already!" Ron says quickly to not anger his mother.
"Merlin you're mother is scarier now then in the future," Hazel whispers to Ron and he just nods.

[Hazel nods in agreement.]

"HAZEL!" Lily yells out causing Hazel to quickly point at Ron.
"I appologized with Ron!" She says quickly.

[Hermione sits on the stool and McGonagall places the sorting hat on her head]
Sorting Hat: Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!

All the Gryffindors from the past starts cheering loudly.

[The students cheer; Hermione jumps off with a smile.]
McGonagall: Draco Malfoy.
[Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Draco's head.]
Sorting Hat: SLYTHERIN!

The Slytherins from the past just clap politely.
"That was the quickest sorting I have ever seen Lucy," Bellatrix cracks out and Lucius glares are her for the nickname.

[The students cheer, not as loudly]
Ron: There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin.

"That's not true! Merlin was a Slytherin and there's plenty of people who went evil in other houses!" A second year slytherin shouts.

McGonagall: Susan Bones.

Amelia Bones who has been taking a ton of notes down on just what they have seen already looks up at hearing of Susan's name. She smiles realizing she was related. In her notebook she has written down the living conditions of Hazel Potter as a reason to keep her from going to live there ever again.

[A small, redhead goes up. Hazel looks around and notices a black greasy haired, pale man, called, Severus Snape, giving her sinister looks. Her scar hurts.]

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER SNAPE!" James yells standing up.
"Nothing at the moment as this is the future," Snape says rolling his eyes.
"Good on you, you became a professor," his friends laugh out making him roll his eyes.

Hazel: Ahh! [puts her hand on her forehead in pain]
Ron: [concerned] Hazel, what is it?
Hazel: Nothing... nothing, I'm fine.

"Why wouldn't you say anything?" Luna asks in her dreamy voice.
"Because it wasn't important," Hazel says with a shrug.

Sorting Hat: Let's see...I know...Hufflepuff!

Hufflepuffs all chear hearing someone getting sorted into their house.

McGonagall: Ronald Weasley.
[Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on.]
Sorting Hat: Ha! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you... Gryffindor!!

All the Gryffindors chear loudly all of his family besides for Ginny standing up and yelling for him happy he was in Gryffindor.

[The students cheer as Ron sighs in relief.]
McGonagall: Hazel Potter.

"Everyone shut up I want to know where my daughter is placed," James yells out standing on the table.
"Does he realize I am right here?" Hazel questions her friends but they just shake their heads almost 100% certain he forgot she was there.
"Our daughter James, our daughter," Lily says with a sigh.

[Everything goes silent. Hazel walks up and sits down on the stool. The Sorting Hat is placed on her head.]

"Well that's not awkward at all to get sorted while it's dead silent," Remus says rolling his eyes.
"5 Galleons Hazel almost get's put in slytherin," Regulus smirks.
"Deal! I say just straight Gryffindor," Barty says back.

Sorting Hat: Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?
Hazel: [whispering to the hat] Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin.

"Why not Slytherin?" A first year shyly asks.
"Well my friend just told me that was an evil house and I didn't know anything, and my only friend was put into Gryffindor. Then on top of that the person I was already hating was put into Slytherin so why would I want to be placed there?" Hazel says like it's obvious.

Sorting Hat: Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that. No?
Hazel: [still whispering] Not Slytherin...anything but Slytherin.
Sorting Hat: Well, if you're sure... better be... GRYFFINDOR!!

Everyone cheers for her with James, and Sirius being the loudest. Barty grumbles under his breath as he hands Regulus 5 Galleons.

[There is an immense cheering and Hazel goes to the Gryffindor table.]
Fred and George: We got Potter! We got Potter!

"Wait that was you two?" Hazel asks in shock
"You're welcomeeee," they respond back.

[Hazel sits down at the table. She looks at Dumbledore, who lifts up his goblet and slightly waves it, as if he was wishing congratulations.]

"Gasp! You never did that for us Dumbles," James says acting offended as he puts his hands on the right side of his chest.
Remus just reaches over and moves James's hands over to the left side of his chest.