The Philosophers Stone: Part 27

[In the hospital wing the next day, Hazel is lying in bed with her arm bandaged. She awakens, puts on her glasses, and sits up. There are cards and candy all over. Dumbledore approaches her.]

"Am I the only one who is questioning why she had to save the school and why Dumbledore seemed to leave right when things were happening?" Regulus asks.

Dumbledore: Good afternoon, Hazel. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?
Hazel: Admirers?
Dumbledore: What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows. [They both smile.] Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs.

"HE KNEW ABOUT THE PROFESSOR?!" Multiple people yell out as Amelia takes more notes glaring at the headmaster.
"We knew something happened, but we didn't know the whole story," Draco says flaring at the screen.

Hazel: Ron was here? Is he all right? What about Hermione?

"Awww you care about us," Ron says to Hazel with a small smirk.
"Oh shut up," Hazel says rolling her eyes.

Dumbledore: Fine. They're both just fine.
Hazel: But, what happened to the Stone?

"She literally cares more about everything other than herself," Barty says face palming himself.

Dumbledore: Relax, dear girl. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around.
Hazel: But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?

"Would you care about yourself for once in your life," Theo says with a groan, "You're literally in the hospital wing right now."
"Exactly, I knew I was fine and I was worried about everyone else," Hazel replied.

Dumbledore: [sits on the bed.] He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die.
Hazel: How is it I got the Stone, sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next...
Dumbledore: Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me that's saying something.

"I don't trust him," Remus mumbles.

Hazel: Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?
Dumbledore: Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Hazel, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him? [Hazel shakes her head.] It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark. [Hazel touches his scar.] No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin.
Hazel: What is it?

"Love..." Lily says in shock.
"Looks like your saving her in the future more than you thought," James whispers to her.

Dumbledore: Love, Hazel, love. [Pats Hazel's head gently and stands up.] Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavored one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee...[takes brown bean and eats it.] Mm. Alas. Earwax.

"Eww," Some first years say outloud.

[Hazel with his arm still bandaged enters a corridor where up on a stairwell balcony, Hermione and Ron are talking. They stop when they see Hazel and lean over the railing.]
Hazel: All right there, Ron?
Ron: All right? You?
Hazel: [as she shrugs] All right. Hermione?

"You need to open up to your friends," Remus whispers over to Hazel who just nods knowing she kept how she was feeling away from them.

Hermione: [smiling] Never better.
[We see the Great Hall, full of students eating and talking with each other. There are green and silver banners with the Slytherin symbol above their heads, already indicating the house with the most points. Dumbledore gives a slight nod to professor McGonagall, who then clinks her spoon to her glass, to ask attention from the students. The crowd falls silent. Dumbledore stands up and speaks with his magically magnified voice.]