Chapter 7-Library

Here is an update finally!! I hope you likes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

Hearing my alarm blaring out a country song about being a tornado, I rolled to my side and slammed my hand down on the snooze. Rolling back over, I snuggle deep down in my cozy blanket; letting its heat pull me back into slumber. I could lie in this blanket forever and enjoy its warmth. Instead I have to go to work at the library. This is my first day and if my English teacher hadn’t set this job up I would just blow it off, but I wouldn’t want to disappoint Mz. Laney like that.

Besides it will be a way to get my mind off all of the dramatic events of the weekend. The guys will be leaving soon and things will get back to normal. Then maybe I can figure out what to do about all of this business with Jason. Tricia says I should stay the hell away from his skanky butt. What if he is the one, you know the one I am supposed to be with.

Considering I am just working at the library I decided to dress comfortably fashionable. I decided to wear black dress pants and an emerald green peasant top that really contrasts against my skin and brings out my eyes. For my hairstyle I decided a messy bun was professional enough looking for a library assistant.

Arriving at the library I was met at the counter by an older woman with gray hair and equally gray eyes. She had a friendly face with a lot of wrinkles around her eyes.

“Hello, you must be little Miss Jennifer that has come here to help an old woman out,” she said.

“Yes ma’am. Ms. Laney said that you could use the help and I could use the money,” I said to her honestly.

“Well honey my name is Elizabeth, but all the kids call me Momma and you are welcome to call me that,” she said smiling.

“Okay, thanks,” I said a little awkwardly.

“Come on over here in the fiction section and I will show you what I need you to do,” she said as I followed her over to the section she indicated.

An hour later I was deep into my current job of rearranging and putting the section in order when I heard the bell on the door to the library ring. As I looked up I thought my heart would stop and then jump completely out of my body. It was Jason. I forgot I had told him about this job. Quickly, I ducked down below the shelving where he wouldn’t be able to see me. Hearing whispering but not being able to tell what the people were saying I just imagined he was asking for me at the counter. Pretending to be working on the bottom shelf I tried to ignore Jason until he cleared his throat. Without looking up I said, “May I help you find a book?”

“Yeah, it’s called how to get your girl back,” he said causing me to look up and meet his stare. His deep cobalt, blue eyes were looking like they were trying to reach into my soul for something, what I didn’t know.

Letting out a disparaging breath as I stood, still being nearly a foot shorter than him, I said, “Jason, I am trying to work. You should really go before you get me into trouble. It’s my first day.”

He reached his hand out tracing it across my visible collarbone, causing me to shiver involuntarily. It wasn’t a sexual wanting, just a reaction to his chilly hand running across my hot skin.

“I knew you still wanted me,” he said dragging his hand from my collarbone down my arm clutching onto my wrist.

“Jason, I really need some time,” I told him. Leaning into me nearly touching his lips to mine he said, “I will be here to pick you up at 4:00, that’s when the old bat said you get off work.” He swiftly marched out of the library leaving me in a state of bewilderment. As I was staring into space like a total loon, the librarian came up and put her hand on my shoulder. This caused me to come out of the trance I seemed to be in.

“You okay, sweetie?” she asked looking very worried.

Clearing my throat I said, “Oh yeah, I’m fine.”

“I don’t know what that boy wanted with you, okay I probably do I’m not that old ya know. My point is he doesn’t seem like a nice boy. If you are going to be around him be careful. I used to be a psychologist when I was a youngster and there are certain things you can ascertain after meeting a person. So please trust me when I say be careful,” Elizabeth said. I nodded letting her know that I heard what she was trying to tell me.

Hours went by and by the time it was 3:30 I was nearly sweating with worry over Jason picking me up. The bell rang on the door and I nearly pissed my pants. Looking over I was hit by a wave of relief seeing Marty standing in the doorway. He hadn’t seen me yet so I really studied him like I always do when he is watching. Standing at 6’5” tall with muscle in all the right places shown by the snug white t-shirt he was currently wearing. The white shirt glows against his tanned skin. The jeans he wore fit invitingly against his cute, firm backside just begging a girl to squeeze it. A laugh nearly escaped my lips when I finally tore my eyes from his body and looked at his head. He was wearing his old, nasty baseball cap that I love so much because it causes his dark blonde hair to stick out from underneath it and curl up a little. I bet when he changed into the outfit he is wearing he forgot he was wearing his old hat. Without even seeing the front of the jeans, I knew he would have a skoal ring on the right pocket. As he walked to the counter no one could deny the confident stride he had. It wasn’t cocky, but rather he exuded a quiet confidence that held more sex appeal than a bus load of male French underwear models.

He too quickly for my taste made it to the counter where Elizabeth was waiting. I could see the flustered look on her face as she spoke to him. Not even she was immune to his sex appeal. Before I knew it she was pointing directly at me and before I could hide Marty spun around facing me with the biggest smile on his face that I have ever seen. He made his way to me in just a couple of seconds.

“Hey, um your brother sent me to pick you up,” he said. Well that explains the smile. I guess the two of them made up whatever issue they were fighting about.

“I drove,” I told him confused. He shook his head.

“Danny had to take your car to the shop to get the brakes fixed,” he told me.

“Oh,” I said. With him standing so close to me it was difficult to form full sentences. I could think them but there was some kind of dumb block that only allowed small utterances to come out.

“The librarian said you could go ahead and leave,” he told me and I looked behind him to see Elizabeth smiling like a tick that just found a fat cat. She saw me look her way and waggled her eyebrows pointing at Marty.

“Okay that’s great,” I said relieved that I would be gone when Jason came to get me. Marty took his arm and put it around me resting his plam on my lower back. I could feel the heat coming from his hand through my thin shirt. As we were walking through the doorway to leave Elizabeth yelled at me.

“Jennifer honey, you forgot your purse,” she said.

“I’ll be right back,” I told Marty. He stayed in place waiting on me. I ran over to the counter to retrieve my purse from Elizabeth.

She leaned over the counter as she still held onto my purse, “Now that’s the kind of boy that could get your motor running and he is sweet as a cupcake drenched in chocolate gravy,” she whispered to me causing my face to heat up in embarrassment. I laughed awkwardly and quickly made my way back to wher Marty waited by the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just love Elizabeth!!