Chapter 20-Let's take a walk

Here is a super short chapter. It's short but important.

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

Jennifer’s POV

Walking down the road in front of Tricia’s home we were silent for a while. After walking for several blocks we made it to the park where we used to all play as children. Marty reached out and held my wrist to stop me. I looked to him questioningly.

“Can we sit down?” he asked.

“Sure,” I told him. I watched him wipe his hands on his jeans. Maybe that means he is nervous, good. We sat on the park bench closest to the woods away from the parents and kids using the playground equipment.

“First, I want to say I am sorry for not coming straight after you last night and explaining myself right away. I don’t know what I am doing here Jenni. I’ve never had a girlfriend before and I feel like you are much more than just my girlfriend. What you saw last night with Kenzie was her rubbing all over me after I had told her I didn’t have time for her shit. I in no way encouraged or wanted the stuff she did…”

“Okay,” I said.

“Okay? As in we are okay?” he asked with guarded hope evident in his eyes.

“Look, I realize that I am a little younger than you and you have needs. Needs that a woman with some experience can take care of and satisfy,” I tell him feeling defensive. What I didn’t expect was the outburst of anger that came from him.

“That’s bullshit and you know it Jenni. Why are you doing this? You are pushing me away,” he asked rather loudly.

“Okay, let’s say that what my lyin eyes saw wasn’t true. Let’s say it was all Kenzie and zero you wanting it. I think things moved a little too fast between us. I mean I was with Jason for nearly two years and he sought his entertainment elsewhere, and then there was Dante, although we didn’t really have a relationship, not really, and then things with you just exploded before I knew what had happened I had given you the one thing I can never have again. The one thing I should’ve saved to give as a gift to my husband on our wedding night. Marty, you have always been an important part of my life and I have shared many firsts with you including this very important one. I think its time for me to not be in a relationship,” I told him truthfully.

“But I love you Jenni. I am in love with you! Please don’t throw that away because of Kenzie being stupid and me being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I want to be with you Jenni. You gave me what we should’ve waited for, but I want to be the man to lift your veil, to kiss you when the priest says I can, and I want to carry you across the threshold of our first home together,” as he said the last part he got down in front of me on his knees. Panic started to kick in as I realized the situation we were in. Currently he is on his knees and talking about marriage.

“Do you want to see me beg? I am begging on my knees, please I can’t be without you. You don’t know what you mean to me,” he continued on. I couldn’t listen to anymore of his sweet words without giving in to him. Stopping him, I put my fingers to his lips and he surprised me by kissing them softly.

“We can’t date, but we can try to start over for now. I need you in my life Marty, but now I need my friend Marty, can you be that? I have some stuff to work through. I need to figure out who I am again without trying to be what a certain man wants. Can you be my friend?” I asked him. Standing from his knees he wrapped his arms around me causing my heart to pound out a crazy rhythm.

“I will be whatever you need me to be. Just let me be near you,” he said as he kissed my hair. Pulling away from him I gave him a weak smile. I didn’t know how us being friends would work out, but I don’t want to lose him completely, but I cannot be more than his friend right now. I have spent so much time trying to be with someone I need to get back to me so I can figure out where my future is and who belongs there.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wow things are still not settled between them but at least they are talking once again...next chapter will be up as soon as possible but ai have no idea when that will be!