Chapter 12- Dinner and a Movie

Dedication to SleeplessInChicago because she has been super busy with real life but still stops in to see us on Wattpad!!

For all of team Marty he will be back next chapter, I promise!

=====================================================

Ch 12

Now I am lying in my bed wondering what I should do. If I go to Marty, Dante will be upset with me and if things get heated between Marty and I, we could lose our lifelong friendship. If I see Dante again, if he wants to, I know it will be hurting Marty.

“Ugh!” why can’t life just be a little easier? After hours of tossing and turning I finally fell asleep. The next day, mom and I took Danny to Locales the Mexican restaurant and we laughed throughout the meal. Before I knew it, it was time to take Danny to the airport. After a few tears from mom and me, he boarded the plane and was on his way back to California. In just a year he should be back to stay. I miss him badly, but I am glad he was able to get into the University of engineering though.

A month later…

My job at the library is going well and I have enrolled in Fall classes at the local community college. Going to the community college, I can keep my job at the library and live at home. Marty has made himself scarce; the only time I have seen him in the past month was when I saw him at the gas station. He was friendly but not really my sweet Marty.

Dante on the other hand, has taken me out at least once a week for dinner or a movie. Once he even just took me out for ice cream. He never tries anything other than a goodnight kiss as he drops me off at my door.

“What’s got that smile on your face girl? If it’s something dirty you should take pity on an old woman and spill it,” she said laughing heartily.

“Elizabeth you scared me to death,” I said trying to still my heartbeat.

“Come on now, you were smiling too big for it to be innocent. Is it that Spanish hot to trot police officer?” she asked causing me to blush furiously just from her insinuation. “I knew it! I knew it! You’ve been giving that boy some of that sweet stuff haven’t ya? Well how big is the Spanish stud?” she asked.

“Elizabeth! I am not giving anyone any sweet stuff!” I said as my face became so hot it felt like it would fall off my skull. She has a way of embarrassing me in one breath.

“If you say so honey, how do you kids say it today? Whatever, yeah that’s it. Whatever baby doll,” she said sarcastically as she waved her hand dismissivly as she walked away. I swear the woman lives to embarrass me. As soon as it was time for my shift to be over I ran out of there before she could get me again. As I walked out to my car, I couldn’t help but think I hadn’t heard anything from Jason. He hasn’t even crossed my mind in a month. Standing next to my car was Dante, in his uniform; I think he knows seeing him in that outfit drives me crazy. He just looks so powerful and in charge.

“Hey, gorgeous,” he said as he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

“Hey,” I say back to him.

“Would you like to have dinner at my place tonight?” he asked. This made me a little nervous because up to this point all of our dates have been very public.

“That sounds nice,” I said truthfully. It would be nice to be able to get the chance to get to know him better one on one. Maybe I can make some progress on the losing virginity plan. With having free time at the library I have managed to look through some educational books on the subject and I have learned many things.