Chapter 17- Shit done hitteth the fans

Chapter 17

Well, after I went home to find my brother gone out. Mother told me that he was in town because the building where his classes are held had a large fire, so they were allowing the classes to finish up online for the semester. By in large that means my big pissed off brother will be here until the next semester starts. Great! Going upstairs I gathered my stuff and went to take a shower. As I was letting the hot water pelt my body I couldn’t help but think back to the way Marty’s hands make me feel.

His hands are big, callused, but somehow feel soft as they slide over my body creating havoc on my every nerve ending. Just thinking about him was causing my body to heat once again. With the soap sliding down my body I closed my eyes pretending it was Marty in the shower with me. Sliding my hand down my stomach to find the spot that would relieve this ache just the thought of Marty had caused.

Marty’s POV later that night…

After showering and getting dressed in my non-business attire which consists of blue jeans and an old thin t-shirt that I have had for a long damn time. Placing my old ball cap on my head, I smiled, thinking of how Jenni always asks me when I am going to finally throw this nasty thing out. Tonight I am on a mission. I will find Danny and straighten this shit out so my lady will be happy once again. I might end up getting my ass kicked by my best friend, but she is worth it. Hell, I would die for that girl without even thinking about it.

Driving around for hours I finally spotted his old car. Taking a deep breath I pull into the parking lot of JoJo’s bar and grill. JoJo’s was a less than stellar establishment that if a girl shows up and still has all of her teeth then she is the hottest thing in the place; I am not kidding. Parking just beside Danny’s chevelle I hopped out of my truck and made my way to the door. Opening the door I instantly was hit byt the smell of cigarette smoke and strong liquor.

My eyes were assaulted by a bleach blonde dancing slinkily around the pole in the center of the dance floor. At first glance you might think that I should like the sight before me, but hell no this was Kenzie Thompson. She was my and Danny’s age, but she looked much older from all of the drug use and prostitution she took part in since we were in school. Dragging my eyes away in disgust, I scanned the bar for Danny in the low lit smokey room.

Finally, I saw him stumble from the bathroom in the back of the bar. He looked like shit. He made his way to a corner booth and slumped into it. The waitress, a rather large, motherly old woman came over to the booth. I heard him order two double whiskeys and another beer. As she saw my approach I shook my head at her she nodded, knowing I was telling her he was done with alcohol for the night. As she passed I put a 20 dollar bill on her tray. She winked at me and continued on her way to another table. Sitting down in the seat across from Danny I asked, “What’s going on man?”

When he picked his head up from looking at the floor his eyes were bloodshot as hell.

“What the hell do you want?” he asked trying to sit up a little straighter. I could tell that I wouldn’t get the opportunity to talk to him in his condition.

“I think I should drive you home now. You look like shit,” I told him. He glared up at me just as his eyes rolled back in his head and he was out. Sighing I stood from the booth as Kenzie grabbed me, pulling on me but I refused to budge.

“Get lost Kenzie I don’t have time for your shit tonight,” I said flatly. She then stopped pulling and wrapped her arms around my neck making her body flush with mine whispering into my ear, “Come on big boy, you never have given me a chance. I could make your wildest fantasy come true.”

“I doubt that Kenzie. My wildest fantasy is fast asleep in her bed at home,” I said as I began to push her away I heard a gasp directly behind me. Dread hit like a rock in my stomach as I turned to find my little Jenni standing behind me in this nasty, run down bar. Pushing Kenzie completely away from me I turned to Jenni, “What the hell are you doing here?” Seeing my innocent girlfriend in this nasty place made me see red. Women sold themselves to men here! She shouldn’t be within a mile of this place.

“What the hell am I doing here?” she said and I could see the storm brewing behind her beautiful eyes. “What the hell are you doing here with that thing,” she said angrily pointing to Kenzie.

“Just getting what you can’t give him little girl,” Kenzie said. Whipping my head around to her I said, “What the hell, Kenzie.” Before I could turn back around Jenni was running out the door of the bar.

“If were a man I would kick your ass right now!” I said as I ran to follow Jenni. Slamming the door open so hard it bounced off the decrepit building. Jenni was pulling out the gravel parking lot, spinning the tires of her car causing rock to rain all over the cars in the lot.

Letting out a string of curses I made my way back into the bar and found Billy James an old friend and had him help me carry Danny to my truck.

“Thanks man,” I said as I shook his hand.

“No problem man. Hey, if the little philly is done with you, you mind if I give her a go?” he asked. Rage, white hot rage ran through every vein in my body. Without even considering what I was doing I hauled off and punched Billy in the gut so hard he fell to the ground.

“Motherf-. I guess that’s a no on the gal,” he said gasping for air.

“That’s a hell no unless you wanna die,” I told him. Still reeling from the adrenaline from the anger Billy had caused I pulled out of the parking lot much the same as Jenni had. As bad as I want to, I know better than following Jenni, she will need time to cool off or I will be the one to regret it later. Looking over at my best friend in the world I said, “Looks like you are bunking with me tonight brother.”

 ==================================

It looks like I may get some free time this week to update, fingers crossed ;)