Chapter 30-Momma getting her groove back

This chapter has a lot of Dhira in it...with a little of Marty and Jenni at the end.

PHOTO of the good doctor on the side :)

===================================================

Chapter 30

Jennifer was over the moon finding out her big brother had awakened while she had been working. Eventhough she was more than excited for her brother to be on the mend, she could tell something was bothering him. He was always on to take on everything all on his own because he thought he had to be man of the house. The only time she seen him smile was when she asked him if he would walk her down the aisle. It only lasted a second before his face fell.

“Jenn, they said I may never walk again on my own. Why don’t you have Lance walk you or I could have on of the other guys,” he suggested. Jennifer had burst with anger when he suggests anyone other than he walks her down the aisle.

“No way, your ass is walking me down the aisle if you’re rolling in a wheel chair!” she exclaimed. It warmed Danny’s heart to hear her say something like that. It meant that she didn’t think any less of him nor did she have any intensions of treating him any different just because he will be disabled. Danny felt very lucky to have his family, including Marty who has been the muscle around the house for the women while he has been out of it.

The doctor came in later in the day, doing rounds, and told him that he could leave first thing tomorrow if he was feeling up to it. He didn’t like this doctor! He noticed the way the doctor looked at his mother and his eyes narrowed. This man was younger than his mom and he would be damned if he let the man take advantage of his mother just because she felt graditude toward the doctor for taking care of him.

“Could I talk to you in the hall nurse Castanza?” the doctor asked Danny’s mother.

“Sure Doctor Weiten,” she said as she followed the doctor out of Danny’s room.

“Is something wrong Doctor?” Dhira asked the handsome man she was currently trying to be professional with. He was a little younger than her and she shouldn’t be having thoughts like this about someone who has authority over her.

“No, of course not. I just wanted to tell you away from him that he will need to rest when he is not doing his physical therapy. I thought I would let you break that to him. He will need at least another month of rest at home before he really pushes himself,” Doctor Weiten told her. Lost in deep thought of how she would talk Danny into another month of laying around she was interrupted by the doctor clearing his throat. Dhira looked up at him.

“I was wondering if you would like to go for a cup of coffee with me sometime?” he asked looking nervous. Well how could she answer that. Here she was a middle aged woman just trying to provide for her kids and he was a young handsome doctor that could have his choice of women.

“Uh, I’m not sure that’s a good idea Doctor. I mean we work together and all,” she said still looking into his face. She saw the look of disappointment cross his face as he listened to her reject his offer. It really boosted her self-esteem to have a man like this be disappointed at her not going to coffee with him.

“Oh, yeah you’re probably right,” he said running a nervous hand through all that dirty blond hair making me a little jealous that it wasn’t my fingers threading through all that thick hair. He turned looking embarrassed starting to walk away. Seeing him turn away from me triggered something inside Dhira and her hand reached toward his arm without permission. She grabbed his arm stopping him. He turned back to her looking dejected.

“Do you really want to have coffee with me?” she asked. His whole face seemed to smile at her question.

“Yeah, I do more than anything,” he said.