This Is Halloween

Stylish Occult, Pride Ring
October 28th, 20XX
1:26 PM

Halloween was in three days, along with Stella's Halloween party the same time away. Octavia realized that she and Y/n needed costumes, so they were at Stylish Occult looking for costumes. Thankfully, Stylish Occult always made sure to stay in stock, so they weren't low on Halloween costumes.

Octavia: "What do you think of this one, Y/n? Think I could rock it?"

Octavia asked Y/n as she held a mummy costume in front of her body. Y/n, however, just stared at it weirdly, and Octavia sighed.

Octavia: "You don't even know what we're doing, do you?"

Y/n: "Nyah."

Y/n said, meaning "no" but not having it down quite right. He was close, though, so Octavia was fine with it.

Octavia: *sighs* "We're looking for costumes, Y/n. Keep up."

Octavia told the amalgamation, who only tilted their head curiously.

Octavia: "Halloween costumes. This is the one time of the year where you can actually dress up as someone else and not be canceled for doing so."

Y/n looked even more confused for a moment before getting an idea. They grab the beanie from Octavia's head, making her upset.

Octavia: "Hey, give that back!"

Y/n didn't listen as they put the beanie on their head, or more-so on their horns, and pointed at it.

Y/n: "Octahvya."

Octavia only looked at Y/n for a moment before she bursts into laughter. She held her stomach for a moment from how hard she was laughing, but she soon calmed down.

Octavia: "Y/n, you can't go as me. It doesn't work like that. Most of the time. But I'll help you find a costume. Now, gimme that back."

Octavia said as she took her beanie from Y/n's head, making them frown a bit. Octavia just smiles.

Octavia: "Oh, grow up."

Y/n snorted a response and Octavia rolled her eyes. She then looked back at the mummy costume, but decided against it.

Octavia: "Nah, not feelin' it."

She puts the costume back and started looking through the other ones. However, she stops on one and pulls it out to show Y/n.

Octavia: "How about this? You can be Frankenstein's monster."

Y/n: "Frahnkensten mounstah?"

Octavia: "It's something from an old story. It's about a scientist named Victor Frankestein who isolates himself in his house where he makes this monster made of different body parts. However, the thing starts hating his creator and goes to ruin his life by killing the people he's cared for most. But that's a rough summary and there's quite a bit more to that, but--"

Octavia stops when she looks at Y/n again. She then makes a connection.

Octavia: "Holy shit, you're a lot like the monster. That was just a nickname, but shit, you really are like him. Did you kill all of your creator's loved ones, too?"

Octavia asked jokingly, but Y/n's silence unnerved her a bit.

Octavia: "Nevermind, don't answer that. But still, let's get you this. I bet you'll look killer in this costume."

Octavia's POV (1st Person POV)

I gave the costume to Y/n for him to old before searching through the rack of costumes again. I notice Y/n humming along with the music playing on the speakers in the store from the corner of her eye and smile at this. It's crazy how much this super weird demon had changed since I first met them at that abandoned building.