Memory Lane

It was the middle of the night. Everyone was sleeping in the Goetia Manor, even Octavia even though she has been especially worried about Y/n the last few days. Ever since Halloween, the amalgamation had been different and even more suspicious of their surroundings. Were they scared that Stolas would summon more fireworks? Or maybe something worse? She didn't know and probably won't for some time until Y/n starts speaking properly. Until then, she'll have to rely on her assumptions and intuition to guess what Y/n was saying most of the time.
_______________
The Goetia Manor, Pride Ring
November 3rd, 20XX
2:06 AM

In the princess' chambers, Octavia's seen sleeping with her covers over her body. However, her door opens to reveal three glowing eyes peaking through the darkness. The three eyes then come forward to reveal a worried-looking Y/n, who flinches when thunder goes off outside. They quickly scurry forward towards Octavia and begin poking her to wake her up. When she does, she groans and sits up slightly to look at Y/n.

Octavia: "Y/n...? What're you doing up so..." *checks clock* "... early?"

Y/n: "Boom."

Octavia: "What...?"

Y/n: "Boo--"

A loud crash of thunder goes off, making Y/n jump a bit and reach forward to cling to Octavia's arm. She looked at him in confusion before looking out her bedroom window to see the pouring rain and the dark clouds. She then gets a realization.

Octavia: "Are you scared of thunder?"

Y/n: "Thoondah?"

Octavia: "The big booms outside. Oh, wait, that's right. You haven't seen a storm yet, have you?"

Y/n huffed and shook their head in response. Octavia could only giggle a bit at this.

Octavia: "Don't worry, it can't hurt you. It's just noise."

Y/n: "Boom bad..."

Octavia immediately had her amused face fall. She realized she shouldn't be laughing, considering how Y/n was around Stolas' fireworks a few nights ago.

Octavia: "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed. That's inconsiderate of me."

Y/n: "It fine..."

Octavia: "So what do you need?

Y/n: "Sleep...?"

Octavia looked at the amalgamation in confusion for a moment before her face lit up red. She realized what Y/n meant.

Octavia: "Y-you want to sleep... with-with me?"

Y/n nodded as they looked over at Octavia's bedroom door before turning back to her.

Y/n: "Fiiine...?"

Octavia stared at Y/n for a few shocked moments before clearing her throat, her cheeks still blushing red.

Octavia: "That-that's fine. You can... sleep with me, Y/n."

Y/n perked up a bit at this as Octavia moved over so Y/n could join her on her bed. The amalgamation immediately hops onto the bed and circles around before curling up to lie down on the bed next to Octavia. She looks at them for a moment before sighing and just smiling, thinking it wouldn't be too bad to do this for one night. So she just yawns again and lies back down next to Y/n.

Octavia: "G'night, Y/n..."

Y/n: "Ne-ight, Via..."

And with that, both fall asleep with Y/n now comforted by the presence of Octavia alone.
_______________

Later that morning, Octavia and Y/n were now in the kitchen eating breakfast. Octavia was eating handfuls of cereal while Y/n was eating eggs as they did their best to use a fork. Stolas walks in with a tired hunch, but instantly gains a smile when he sees his daughter and Y/n.