1 - I need an assistant

Marshall pov

Lately it has really been a lot. Like really a lot. Just in general.

It was my 50th birthday two weeks ago, I'm working on a new album, we dropped a couple expanded edition albums and stuff like that and in four days I'll be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame.

I know i dont have to do this all on my own because i have an amazing management team supporting me, especially Paul, but lately I've been just thinking about something like an assistant...

Paul asked me a lot of times if I needed someone like that but i always refused. But i mean now I dont live with my daughters anymore so I am alone most of the times. So I think maybe it would'nt be so exhausting if I had someone who would cook for me sometimes or do my laundry and stuff like that. Someone who will check my emails and answer my phone calls.

I had the idea in my head for a while now and just decided to call Paul right now.

"Marshall?", he answered the phone.

"Yo Paul, listen, I think I need an assistant", I just blurted out.

"You what?"

"I need an assistant", I repeated.

"You sure? You never wanted one."

"Paul you know that i wouldnt say that if i dont mean it", I said.

"I know. Just wanted to make sure", he sighted. "Alright Marshall, I already have a list of people who seem to be perfect for the job. I actually just waited for you to ask."

He what?

"I know you have a lot to deal with this weak but we should do it after the induction ceremony okay? We should do something like a meeting on monday okay?"

"Yep", I agreed. "Thanks Paul."

"Alright, talk to you later", he sighted and we hung up.

Okay...

I just sighted and went into the kitchen, connected my phone with the music box and just started to listen to some Kendrick.

Then I just made myself a bowl of cereal and while I ate it I once again practised my speech for saturday.

If I'm being honest I'm quite nervous. I dont specifically like standing in the spotlight, having to talk in front of a huge audience. The induction will be also on tv. So...no pressure at all....

The only time I really feel comfortable on stage is when I can rap in front of my fans. I really like that.

But one thing that keeps me going is that Hailie will come with me. I just want to make her proud...

-

next monday

From Paul: We'll meet up in the studio, okay? I'll bring her with me, you'll like her. Dont worry.

I just recieved that message...

Her. I don't really know what I had been thinking but right now I wasnt so sure anymore weather it was a good idea or not.

But on the other hand, what should go wrong? She'll just be another person that will work for me. It isn't a big deal.

I was already at the studio. But I dont really work this week. Its rather just being here, preparing for whats coming on Saturday.

And I come almost everyday to the studio anyways. I don't know, its like my second home.

-

After a time I heard Paul downstairs and another voice, probably coming from my future assistant.