Chapter 2 | Diagon Alley |

The next morning, Moony came to camp and took me to the Leaky Cauldron to stay with the Weasleys. I wandered around Diagon Alley, getting my things for school, before walking to Florean Ice Cream Parlor where I was attacked in a hug from Hermione.

    “Ally!” She shrieked, and I laughed. “Where have you been?!”

    “At camp.” I replied, simply. They didn’t know about Camp Half-Blood. They assumed I just went to a normal summer camp. Sure, they were witches and wizards, but the idea of the Greek Gods and Goddess being alive…it was enough to snap some of them. Camp Half-Blood knew of course. They knew full well that magic existed. Some of them even attended Ilvermorny. Moony said he wanted me to go to Hogwarts like he and Padfoot did.

    “It’s been too long though!” She exclaimed, exaggeratedly.

    Harry and Ron came over and they both said hi. “Look at this!” Ron exclaimed. “A brand new wand!”

    “That's amazing, Ron.” I said, kindly.

    “So what did you do this summer?” Harry asked, and I shrugged.

     “Y’know, a little bit this, a little bit that, a little bit of cleaning up Stoll puke with a complete idiot.”

    “You cleaned up troll puke?!” Ron said, astonished and I rolled my eyes.

    “No, Stoll puke. It’s one of the kids at camp’s last name. Well, two of the kids at camp but that doesn’t matter. Katie bet Connor couldn’t run ten laps around camp after eating breakfast, and he vomited all over the dining pavilion. Because Percy and I were arguing, we were ordered to clean it up.” I said, and Hermione sighed.

    “Percy? My brother-”

    “Nope.” I said. “Prissy Jackson, the royal pain at camp.”

    “Okay, camp aside,” Hermione said. “I’ve still got ten galleons. It’s my birthday in September, and Mum and Dad gave me some money to get myself an early birthday present.”

    “How about a nice book?” Ron said, innocently.

    “No, I don’t think so.” Hermione said, calmly. “I really want an owl. I mean, Harry’s got Hedwig, Ally’s got Gigi-” Gigi was a northern saw-whet owl. mum gave it to me, saying she got her from Athena. “-and you’ve got Errol-”

     “I haven’t,” Ron said, “Errol’s a family owl. All I got is Scabbers.” He pulled out his rat. Something was off. I never really saw him at Hogwarts and there were so many people it was hard to tell them apart. But now…I could feel a human soul in that rat. “And I want to get him checked over. I don’t think Egypt agreed with him.”

    “There’s a magical creature shop just over there,” Harry said. “You could see if they’ve got anything for Scabbers, and Hermione can get her owl.”

    I arose from my chair when I spotted Gigi in the distance. I untied the letter and opened it. It was in Greek, but I easily translated it.

Alora,

  Wassup, Butterfly? I got bored, and Annabeth, Thalia and Grover were busy, so I decided to write to you. So, yay for you. Y’know how long I had to annoy Thalia to figure out how to contact you?! Also, I may or may not miss annoying you. It’s harder to break you. You’re currently five hours ahead of me, so ha ha you start school earlier than me!

  Anyways, that’s as long as I can write. I don’t think my brain can take much more of this. Please, please, please, write back! I’m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored!

Your friendly neighborhood annoyance,
Percy Jackson

    “You’re grinning.” Hermione commented, and I turned red.

    “Am not.” I lied, biting my lip to keep from smiling.

    “Who sent that to you?” Hermione asked, snatching the letter from me. “Who’s Πέρσι Τζάκσον?” Hermione asked, using bad pronunciation.

    “It’s Percy Jackson.” I muttered, and she nodded.

    Then I saw the light haired girl I loved most in the distance. “Honey boo-boo bear!” I cried, racing to my bestest friend.

     “Hello, Ally.” Luna hummed, and I grinned and turned to the dark skinned girl next to her.

    “Darling baby boo-boo bear!” I squealed, hugging Audrey tightly.

    “You really don’t like changing up your nicknames, do you?” She said, and I smiled.

    “Shush!” I exclaimed. Audrey was the only demigod that also went to Camp Half-Blood and Hogwarts as most went to Ilvermorny or neither at all, so naturally I was close to her. She was a daughter of Demeter and in Slytherin.

    She snatched the letter from me and read through it. “Uh huh, uh huh…wait, Percy Jackson! Missy, you best explain yourself!”

    “Well, yesterday, Connor sorta vomited all over the dining pavilion, and since me and Prissy were arguing, Chiron ordered us to clean it up.”

    “And that changed…what?” Audrey said, trying to get me to finish what I was saying.

    “Nothing…he just got bored.” I said, and she gave me a look.

    “Honey, something had to have happened for him to write to you.” Audrey stated, “You’re the last person on his list of people to talk on a whim.”

    “Not. A. Thing.” I said, and she rolled her eyes.

    “Something happened. I’ll talk to Grover to figure it out.” Audrey said, and I scoffed.

    I somehow managed to get her to talk to something else, and she seemed to get that I didn't like Percy. That something else was how much she thought Percy Jackson was just an attention hog. “...and his beloved Annabeth!” She didn’t know of the prophecy. “Boy, it’s obvious she has a crush on him! There’s some rumor that there’s even a prophecy about how they’re destined to be together! And I can believe that full heartedly!” That just goes to show how rubbish rumors can be.

    Annabeth did clearly have a crush on Percy, and that didn’t bug me. She’d move on. Or, hey maybe the prophecy isn’t about me and Percy, and she could have him. After all, I didn’t want him.

    The rest of Audrey’s rant flew over my head. I was too absorbed in my own thoughts. Which might not have been mine. I have a hard time keeping other people’s thoughts out. It’s harder than you think. Yet, since I was a telepath and legilimens it was harder, but since I had been both since I was a baby, I was better than most who developed the skills later on. Sometimes I subconsciously opened my mind to others’ thoughts.

    I hummed to a song that had been repeating in my head. Clearly someone had the tune stuck in their head since I never heard it. Audrey poked my shoulder. “You like really spaced out right there. You alright?” She asked, and I nodded

    “Yeah, it’s just…thoughts.”

    “Oh…wait,” She fished for something in her pocket. “Penny for your…or whoever’s thought?” She said, holding out an actual penny.

    “Um, it’s just a jumble.” I said. “And I’m taking your penny.”

    “Hey, wait! You didn’t share your thoughts, missy!”

ততততত

I sat on my desk writing a neat letter in Greek to Percy. What? The poor boy was bored. I sighed and glanced over it.

Prissy,

    Not sure why you chose to write to me. If anything, I’d be the last person you’d want to talk to (and that includes Clarisse). Not that I care or anything. I just figured you’d talk to someone else. Y’know, someone currently at camp, and not someone three thousand miles away.

Just writing so I wouldn’t leave you hanging,
Alora

    I sighed and closed the short letter and gave it to Gigi who flew off into the night. I climbed into bed and fell asleep.