Chapter 7 | Butterflies |

I was mad at Bianca. She completely dissed Nico when she became a Hunter. She didn’t seem to think twice about him. I could understand where she was coming from though. Taking care of a younger sibling was no easy feat, but even with that you, you do not give up family. Nico, however, didn’t care, so I tried not to let it bother me too much.

    “This is so cool!” Nico practically squealed from the driver seat. He started asking Apollo about everything and I turned to Percy.

    ‘I’m so annoyed with Bianca,’ I transmitted, and he jumped about a mile.

    ‘Yeah, I’m pretty mad at Bianca as well, but she gets her choice.’ I leaned onto his arm.

    ‘I know, but…if I had a little sibling, annoying as they could be, I wouldn’t give up family,’ I transmitted, and I could feel his response piecing together.

    ‘I know, Butterfly, I know. But it’s up to Bianca.’

    ‘Hold me,’

    ‘What?’

    ‘I’m going to completely break down if you don’t.’ He instantly looped his arms around and I fell asleep in his, just trying to forget everything that happened in the past twelve hours.

    Sleep, however, was not as peaceful as I hoped. It raged at me, tearing me apart. All it showed me was glimpses from the vision, and fragments of others. The cliff, a snake, an old man lying dead on the floor, a cup, the locket, a tiara, a destroyed diary, a ring, red and green clashing. Just small pieces of each of them.

    I snapped awake when the bus lurched upward, and I cried out something along the lines of, “Nagini!” I didn’t know what it meant, but I knew it had something to do with the snake.

    “Ow!” I heard Grover groan beneath Percy, who was beneath me.

    “Sorry, but Ally…you are free to fall on top of me any time.”

    “Oh,” I said, a smirk festering on my face, and I covered Nico’s ears. “And you are welcome to do the same, my sweet.”

    There were several noises of disgust from the Hunters, but I kissed Percy’s cheek and removed my hands from Nico’s ears. I fumbled to my feet.

   “Slower!” I snapped, trying to keep my balance so I wouldn’t fall back onto Percy, not that that was a bad thing. I just didn’t want to do that to Grover. I’d happily fall onto Percy.

    “Sorry! I’ve got it under control!” Thalia yelped.

    “Thalia,” Percy said, slowly, grabbing onto my shoulders, keeping me steady. “Lighten up on the accelerator.”

    “I got it, Percy,” She said, through gritted teeth, but she didn’t lighten up.

    “Loosen up,”

    “I’m loose!” Thalia was not loose.

    “We need to veer south for Long Island,” Apollo said. “Hang a left.”

    She jerked the wheel, and I fell on top of Percy again.

    “Marry me?” Percy asked, “So we can go farther than this?” I hit him.

    “The other left.”

    I clung onto Percy, fearing for dear life. Which was saying something since it was Percy. “What do you think I’m gonna do?” He murmured, annoyedly. “Do something like this,” He bent me down, effectively bending me down as well which was not a good thing for my balance and I was barely on my feet.