Chapter 6 | Rescue Gone Wrong |

Sitting in the car with Miss Jackson, Percy, Thalia, Audrey (she had somehow talked them into it), and Annabeth is highly amusing. Miss Jackson kept talking about all of Percy’s embarrassing stories and he was highly embarrassed, and I kept smirking at him.

    “Mom!” He yelled after I started dying of laughter after she started talking about Percy’s tub time as a baby and he caused all the water to splash up around him.

    “You-You said you were the tubby time king!” I roared with laughter, and he pulled me back up.

    “Well, I was!” He defended, and I kicked my legs up on his lap.

    “You’re cute enough to be one.” I said, and he smirked.

    “Well, you’re adorable enough to be my queen.” He said, and I grinned.

    “Okay, you know a few days ago when we were discussing the two of you flirting? This is it.” Audrey said, and I rolled my eyes.

    “We’re not flirting.”

    “Pfft, yeah, we aren’t flirting.”

    I shot up. “That was a phony pfft. Tell me that wasn’t a phony pfft!” I exclaimed, and he shrugged.

    “You’re an adorable nerd.” He said, boredly.

    “And you’re a cute idiot.” I said, and he turned red. “Doesn’t mean we were flirting.” Every person in the car stared at me. “It doesn’t mean the flirting meant anything.” I corrected.

    We drove a bit longer, until I leaned over to Percy. “By the way, not a nerd.” I whispered, and he gazed at me, speculatively.

    Miss Jackson told another story before we got there. Thalia wiped the mist off the window. “Oh, yeah. This’ll be fun.”

    Westover Hall looked like a dingy version of Hogwarts.

    “Are you sure you don’t want me to wait?” Miss Jackson asked, and I bit my lip to keep from grinning.

    “No, thanks, mom,” He said, blushing. Aww, he cares about his mummy. That’s truly sweet. “I don’t know how long it’ll take. We’ll be okay.” Blush much.

    “But how will you get back? I’m worried, Percy.”

    He turned bright red and it was all I had to not start giggling.

    “Don’t worry, Miss Jackson.” I said, proudly. “I’ve made sure Harry Potter and Ron Weasley haven’t done anything stupid. They only get in trouble when I’m not around. Like when…they went into the Forbidden Forest and got chased by giant spiders!” Annabeth let out a small whimper, and I grinned. “Hey, you sound just like Ron! I assume. I was barely alive in the Hospital Wing.”

    That didn’t help apparently and Annabeth had to calm her down.

    “Hey,” Percy said. “Why were you barely alive in the Hospital Wing?”

    “Oh, so you know those basilisk, the snake monsters?” I said, and  he nodded slowly. “Yeah, that.”

    “How did you not, um, die?”

    “I looked in its eyes through a mirror and got petrified.”

    “Oh, that’s nice.” I laughed and kissed his cheek, and he turned red again.

    “Alright, dears,” Miss Jackson said, “Do you guys have everything you need?”

    “Yes, wait,” I said, spotting the dog again. “I have to deal with something.”