Chapter 5 | Hogsmeade |

It was the last weekend of term and it was a Hogsmeade day. Chiron didn’t hesitate to sign my Hogsmeade form, so I felt bad for Harry who couldn’t go. I was walking with Audrey, talking about camp.

    “C’mon, Ally! Everyone knows you’ve been writing back and forth with Percy Jackson! Don’t even lie, you like him!” She said, and I gave her a look.

    “No, I don’t like him,” I said. “I merely tolerate him.”

    Audrey ignored me. “Ooh, what will Annabeth think! I bet he likes you back and ooh! The drama! I can’t wait to tell Thalia!” She exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.

    “Tell her what you want, but it’s not true.” I said, walking on without her.

    I walked into Honeydukes with Audrey right behind me. I quickly found Ron and Hermione.

    “Hey, Ally!” Hermione said, and Ron just nodded along. “We’re looking for something for Harry!”

    “What about those?” Ron said, pointing to a tray of red lollipops. “Blood pops.” He read from the sign.

    “I find that oddly appealing.” I said, picking one up. Audrey rested a hand on mine and made me put it back. “Boo.”

    “Ugh, no. Harry won’t want one of those, they’re for vampires, I expect.” Hermione said, sending me a look.

    “How about these?” Ron said, shoving a jar of cockroach clusters in our direction.

    “Definitely not.” I heard Harry say and I sighed.

    Unlike everyone else, I was used to the unnormal, which included invisible people. “Why?!” I snapped, and that seemed to take them all aback.

    I was strongly irked and grabbed Audrey’s wrist and left. We played hothands by the shrieking shack when Harry came running. “Oh…hi, Harry.” I said before turning back to Audrey. Harry grabbed my collar and pulled me up. “What-?”

    “Your dad! Your dad killed my parents!” He yelled, and my eyes widened.

    “Harry, that’s my dad, not-”

    “My parents are dead because of your dad!” He punched me. In the face.

    “Harry, it's my dad, not me!” I cried out, clutching my nose before running back to the castle.

ততততত

I sat in my bed, a piece of paper on my lap as I wrote a letter to Percy.

Aquaman,

  You won’t believe what happened today. Harry punched me! In the face! Because of what my dad did!  He may have killed his parents, but I did nothing! It’s like with that other kid! I hate it. I wish I could stay at camp. I just wish I got quests like you.

Butterfly

    Short but it meant more. I gave it to Gigi and she took off. I stayed in my room and Dianna came in.

    “Hey,” She said. “You okay? You look depressed.”

    “I mean…yeah. I’m depressed.” I said, curling up into a ball.

    “What happened for you to be so depressed?” She asked, and I sniffed.

    “Harry punched me. And blamed me for what my dad did.” I said, bitterly. I wished Gigi could fly faster.

ততততত

A while later Gigi flew in. I was surprised he managed to write back so fast and Gigi’s capability to fly so fast.