5

I shifted uncomfortably as I watched the Royals mingle. I felt like a kid playing dress-up compared to everyone else. Lissa was just as stunning as any princess should be in her pastel pink dress. Lissa floated from group to group, charming her way through each group.

"Are you alright?"

I looked to the side and found Dimitri standing next to me, standing in a guarding position but still attentive to me.

"I just feel out of place," I said with a shrug.

"I never expected you to be standing in the corner, especially dressed like that," Dimitri said quietly, giving me a soft look.

"Yeah, well I feel like I look like an idiot."

"You look beautiful," Dimitri said firmly.

I smiled to myself and let my arms loosen from around my waist. I felt like I needed to hide my stomach even though I wasn't far along enough to show. I rolled my shoulders back and discreetly adjusted the chest of my dress. Dimitri's eyes followed the motion and caught my grimace.

"What is it?"

I blushed a little, not wanting to mention it because I felt awkward, but I shouldn't have. He had seen me naked. He was partly why I was in this position.

"My boobs hurt and are swollen. The dress is a little too snug in the chest," I whispered and chewed on my lip. Dimitri turned his head a fraction and frowned a little.

"I'm sorry," he said and I could tell that he meant it.

"It's not your fault."

"Kind of is,' Dimitri replied, his eyes flicking down to my stomach. I blushed again and gave him a playful look.

"Right. I guess you are to blame. And then you're to blame for the puking and the weird dreams and the tiredness," I said with a smirk. "Does that mean I get to blame you when I get fat?"

Dimitri laughed quietly while his eyes moved over the room, taking in everything around us.

"Yes. But I doubt you'd be fat."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah? Tell me that in five months from now when I can't see my feet or put my own shoes on. With my luck, this kid will be huge just like you," I said before realizing the double meaning in my words. I giggled when Dimitri laughed too, sparring him a look.

Dimitri gestured to the dance floor. "You should get back to the party. You'll be missed."

I nodded and gave him a short smile and walked back into the crowd in search of Lissa.

_________________________

When the party had finally dwindled down, Lissa said she was ready to go back to our rooms. I was all too excited to agree. Lissa collected her wrap and clutch and I wrapped my arm around my waist. I hadn't thought about bringing a jacket. It was cooler than I thought it would be.

Dimitri nudged my shoulder, and I looked behind me to see his suit jacket in his hand. I shook my head, but he pushed it at me.

"Take it."

I took it with a quiet thanks and slipped it on, subtly taking in a breath. It smelled like freshly washed linen and him. I could barely keep my eyes open as we walked. Lissa gave me a sympathetic look as we walked, coming up to me and linking her arms around my waist.

"I don't know why you're so tired, how about we sleep in tomorrow?"

"That sounds fantastic!" I groaned. Lissa chuckled at me and rested her head against mine when someone walked into our path. Instinct kicked in and I pushed Lissa behind me while Dimitri stepped in front of us.