13

I sighed as I sank into bed. The day had been so busy and I was dead on my feet. I had a scan earlier today and I was measured at thirty-five, but the baby was getting big. I felt like there wasn't enough room for her in there. My stomach had some angry red stretch marks on it and my belly dropped.

I heard the shower turn off and I smiled softly. I had joined Dimitri in the shower but stepped out earlier than usual. I was so tired that I almost fell asleep standing up. Dimitri came out of our bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips, water dripping down his chest and abs while the rubbed a towel against the end of his hair.

"You look yummy," I laughed, watching the water roll between the ridges of his abs. Dimitri smirked at me and started rubbing the towel against his chest and abs, then his shoulders.

"I could say the same for you," Dimitri winked. I rolled my eyes. I was too hot in my sleep, so I resorted to wearing shorts and a loose sports bra to bed. But I had to sleep with the blanket on, so it was a win-lose situation.

Dimitri slipped on a pair of boxers and climbed into bed, laying sideways at the end of the bed, rubbing my feet for a few moments. I wiggled my toes as he did it, feeling some bliss from his actions.

"So, are you going to tell me what you meant about Tasha? I was a little surprised you said it," I asked quietly. Dimitri bit his bottom lip and nodded his head.

"Tasha thought that our relationship was a rumour, and when she got here, she realized that it wasn't. She wasn't happy."

"It's been almost ten months since you turned her down, did she really think you were going to change your mind now? And from what Eddie said, you've been pretty transparent about our relationship," I said tiredly.

Dimitri nodded and sighed quietly, patting my feet gently. I reached out the best I could and rested my hands on his, smiling at him tiredly.

"I'm sorry that she wasn't very happy for you," I said.

Dimitri nodded again. "I know. It's just sad to know that my friend would rather talk badly about you than be happy for me."

"What did she say?"

"Trying to make me think that you lied about the baby's paternity, that I was being walked over, that you were using me, that I was stupid for believing the lies... It wasn't anything good."

"I noticed that she wasn't here when we came downstairs," I said.

Dimitri nodded. "I told her to leave. I didn't want to hear what she said anymore. I was getting angry," he replied and moved to sit beside me on the bed. I snuggled beside him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I don't doubt that. But I have something that might make you feel better or at least distract you," I said quietly, looking up at him. Dimitri knew what I meant, and he smiled, resting his hand on my stomach. He smiled and sighed quietly before moving to lay his cheek on my skin.

Dimitri closed his eyes and smiled. "Are you sure about the name you want?"

I ran my fingers gently through his hair. "Yes. Are you?"

"I like it. I'm not crazy about American names, but it's pretty. It's a good name."

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, to be fair, some Russian names are a little hard for native English speakers to say," I said with a laugh.

Dimitri smirked and lay beside me, rubbing his hand over my stomach.

"I don't want Tasha around you when you're alone," Dimitri said quietly.

I raised my brows. "Why do you say that?"

Dimitri shrugged with his eyes still closed. "I don't know. Just a gut feeling," he said after a moment. "I think Abe is rubbing off on me."