7

July

I was glad that all of this was over, but I was sad to see it pass by.

I graduated and I scored high marks despite not participating in the official trials. We weren't going to receive our assignments until we got to Court. I thought it was shitty that we had to wait, but I guess that way it could all be contained and we could start right away.

Packing up my room sucked though. I had spent so much time here and I felt sad to see the only place I could somewhat call home.

As I packed my room I realized all of the things I had gathered over the years, and I didn't have room in my two duffle bags to take it all. I ended up going through my things and sorting them into a keep and donate pile. A lot of my clothes went into it and some stuffed animals that I had when I was younger. There was one in particular that I immediately tucked into my keep pile. I didn't know where it came from, but it was always comforting when I was overly stressed. It was small and neon blue, but it looked like an alien. It had little antennas and had darker blue over it to show fur and its paws. It was cute, but so warn that I knew I much have had it since I was really little.

Maybe even from before I came to the Academy.

Once that was all done I had my last scan with Dr. Olendzki. The rate of growth was slowing down thankfully. I was measuring at sixteen weeks and Dimitri and I were relieved to know that it was slowing down.

Now that I was going to Court, I would be seeing a specialist here as a favour to Dr. Olendzki. I was a little nervous about living at Court, and when I was assigned my room, I clutched the key tightly in my hands. I finally found my room and set my bags on the bed, looking around the room. I had my own bathroom and a small kitchenette, a couch with a coffee table and a basic size t.v.

I walked into the bathroom and was excited to see that I had a bathtub. I hadn't used one since Lissa and I were on the run and I couldn't wait to sink into that tub and soak. I absently rubbed my hand over my stomach, smiling to myself.

I walked back out of the bathroom and jumped when I spotted Dimitri standing in the open doorway. Dimitri chuckled and leaned against the doorway and crossed his arms.

"Happy with your room?" he asked.

I nodded and pointed at the bathroom. "I have a tub," I said with wide and excited eyes.

Dimitri grinned. "I know. I pulled a few strings for that."

"What?"

"I just asked that you get a room with a tub. I knew you haven't had one in a while," Dimitri said softly. I walked towards him and stretched up on my toes, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"That means more than you know," I whispered. Dimitri nodded and stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. I smirked and raised my brows at him when he placed his hand on my stomach, lifting my shirt enough that it was skin-to-skin contact.

"You're just itchy to feel them, aren't you," I chuckled.

"Of course, I am. You get to feel them move all day," Dimitri chuckled as he stroked his thumb over my skin. I laughed and stroked his cheek gently, enjoying the tender moment between us. We had kept things quiet between us before we left the Academy.

We were careful in public, but we found ways around to see each other. Usually at my weekly scanning appointment and I got to spend a few hours when training glasses were happening in the staff lounge. It was best that other students didn't see me out of class, but that way I got to hang out on comfy couches and drink tea all day.

"Where are you roomed?" I asked.

"The floor below you, four doors to the left," he said with a small smile. I nodded and sighed when he smoothed my shirt back over my stomach.