Epilogue

I sat in the back of the room and listened to Tasha identify over fifty people who were a part of Sânge. Some were people I'd never expected, and some of them I knew. A few of them were Guardians at St. Vladimir's Academy, some were people in power among the Royals.

I leaned towards Dimitri as Tasha continued to identify people. "Who is Nathan? Why is that name familiar?"

"Nathan was the one that led the attack at the Academy. The one that taunted you about Lissa," Dimitri explained. I nodded and looked back at the front. We already knew who Tasha was identifying, and the Guardians we trusted did what we could to ensure that as many of them were in the courtroom to detain them.

I could see two other people that looked like they were starting to sweat, the looks of anxiety and uncertainty on their faces. There was a part of me that thrived on seeing them look like that. I had spent months living in worry and fear, wondering when the next shoe was going to drop, when the next thing was going to happen. And now I was watching that same thought go through their eyes.

As each person was named, they were apprehended by another Guardian, read their rights and walked out of the courtroom. There was push back obviously, but Tasha wasn't going to give false names. Not if it meant her freedom was on the line, and definitely not if it meant her brother could come back.

I meant Tasha's eyes when she took a moment to compose herself. I gave her a smile of encouragement, letting her know that someone in this room was there for her. Not even Christian or Lissa were here. Dimitri came because he didn't want me to be here alone. He didn't want me to be alone when I already had a target on my back.

As the courtroom started to clear out with the people who weren't being arrested, I made my way to the front to where Tasha was. I nodded at her with a small smile and looked at Croft.

"So. Is that enough for Tasha to go home?"

"We'll give it a few days to ensure nobody is going to try and harm Ms. Ozera, but yes, she will be released. We will give you privileges back, such as your cell phone and the freedom to come and go. You will be assigned a Guardian until things settle."

Tasha smiled and let out a sigh of relief. She got off the stand and came around the table, taking Croft's extended hand and shaking it. After Croft cleared up his things and left Tasha approached us. I raised my arms and met her in a hug with a smile.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me, you did the right thing," I said as I pulled back, "You did a lot of good today, and you made it so that we don't have to hide anymore. Our child can grow up with her grandparents and family. You did that. I can't be more thankful.

Tasha smiled and nodded, looking over my shoulder at Dimitri.

"It's something I should have done a long time ago," she said and turned when the Guardian that had been tailing her approached, telling her it was time to sign some documents and be released. She nodded and went with him and I turned to look up at Dimitri.

"Ready to go home?" I asked quietly.

Dimitri leaned down and kissed my head, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Yes. I am."

______________________

Three Years.

I watched Lissa waddle around the living room, a frustrated look on her face as she looked for something. I knew better than to try and intervene with her lately. I had been on the receiving end of some snarky remarks that would have made Christian's brows rise.

"Need help?"

"No," Lissa said sharply and slowly got down on the floor, looking under the couch. "Found it!"