8

It was about another day before I was released. Part of it was because Dimitri was so worried, and part of it was because of Guardian Croft.

The delicacy of my pregnancy was brought to his attention, whether by Dimitri or my mother I didn't know, but he didn't want to take any chances. I had a bad feeling that this was going to get back to the Royals, but there was only so much I could worry about at one time.

Once I was released I was agitated, and I needed to walk around or I was going to throat punch someone. The sun was high in the sky and I soaked up every ounce of it that I could. I needed Vitamin D and just wanted to feel the heat soak into my skin.

Dimitri brought me a lighter change of clothes, one of the few sun dresses I had for my personal time. I chose that over my pants and tilted my head up towards the sky. Dimitri followed behind me, carrying the duffle bag that he used to bring me my clothes.

"Has Croft said anything to you about this investigation?"

I turned to look at Dimitri and he had his lips pulled into a tight line.

"There are not many Guardians that want to cross Zmey, Moroi either. It's pretty much him investigating solely at this time," he said darkly.

I scoffed dryly and shook my head. "Wow. Love it," I drowned, eyeballing the large building I knew was guest housing. It was used for Moroi and sometimes Dhampirs, but mostly Moroi.

If the people that I was to trust to stand by my side while facing Strigoi weren't going to help me, I'd do it myself. I walked briskly towards the building and shoved the door open, feeling my nostrils flare as I looked around the main room. I spotted the snake lingering in the lobby, reclined back in a chair with a cigar in his mouth. Because of the late hour, there wasn't anyone else there, just him and a Guardian that lingered nearby.

Rage boiled in my blood as stalked toward him. Dimitri called out to me as he followed me, but I was so angry that Dimitri's reasoning wasn't going to stop me.

Ibrahim noticed me coming and stood up, his eyes flicking back to Dimitri. A slight look of apprehension crossed his face.

"Rosemarie," Ibrahim started but my hand wrapping around his throat cut him off. I pushed him past the chair and slammed him against the wall, the Guardian that was lingering nearby came towards us.

"You fucking snake!" I growled at him, "You almost killed me! You almost killed my baby!"

"Now, now," Ibrahim said but my hand tightened around his neck.

"If I ever see you again, I will slit your throat. Do you fucking understand me?!" I snarled at him.

"Roza, take a deep breath and let him go," Dimitri said calmly, resting his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged him off.

"You may think that you can manipulate everyone around you, but you will not manipulate me. I will not be your Guardian, no matter how much you try to make it that way. I'd rather die than have to be near you. You are a coward, but poison is befitting for a snake," I hissed at him, tightening my hand enough to make him squirm.

"Roza," Dimitri pleaded but another voice joined in.

"Rose, let him go," Janine said firmly. I glanced at the Guardian that was itching to jump between us and then at Janine who moved into my peripheral.

I narrowed my eyes at Ibrahim again before letting go roughly, turning around and stalking away. I made it out of the building and around the corner before I sank down against the wall. I pulled my knees up and I bit my lip to keep it from trembling.

The severity of what I had done came barreling down on me and I rested my head on my knees. I waited for the footfalls of Guardians to come after me, but only two footsteps came.