Ch. 28

*Emilias POV*

His muscles tensed and rippled as I ran my finger lightly across his back . The morning sun poured in across each of his shoulders and had woke me up at least an hour ago. But still he slept heavy sunken into the side of bed. I ran my finger up to the back of his head before twirling it into some of his hair that was fluffed from rolling around all night.

He had kept his word.

My breathing came in burst . Partly because I would mull over last night and partly because I didn't want to wake him. The window had remained cracked so the air ran cold but surprisingly not stale. Chill bumps prickled at the bare skin of us both and his warmth seemed to radiate stronger than mine. I thought this might be due to how much anger he harbored, but I hoped I was able to relieve some of it.

Truthfully , I had lied to Thomas . At dinner and for the past few months. I hadn't lied when I told him Raymond was here , that part was true. But I had been going every afternoon to check in with him and deliver copies of paper work .

"You are a very obedient client." Raymond's words remained in my head because of the digust I felt with every syllable.

"You promised he wouldn't come as long as I cooperated . I'm just doing what I can."

"And for that we are grateful. Send Mr. Shelby my regards." He exclaimed before giving me a wink.

For days I had thought of telling Tommy. Everytime I walked in the door I tried walking down the hall to his bedroom but each time I found myself climbing the stairs instead. He always left his door cracked as an open invitation, but it was one I never took.

"Are you hungry?" His husky voice rumbled beneath the sheets.

"Yes . But I don't want to get up yet."

He chuckled turning to face me, his blue eyes squinting slightly at the light in the room.

"For fucksake don't you believe in curtains ? I know I had some up."

"And it was entirely too dark in here. No wonder you mope around all the time , it's like a dungeon." I laughed.

"Its easy on the eyes , love." He peered at me as he pulled my waist into his , snuggling his body against mine.

"Well it's depressing. Besides, I would never wake up on time if it wasn't for the sun."

"Buy an alarm clock, I can afford it." He rested his forehead against mine .

The world always seemed so quiet when we were like this. It felt like he could make time melt off the clock. Like he could turn the dials and suspend them there while we did as we pleased, just to set them back again once we were done. Sometimes when we were done talking, laughing, embracing , I would glance at the time to see how much it had moved.

On the ship it didn't matter. We spent hours and hours playing cards or walking the deck. I thought maybe it would be the same here , just strolls in the garden instead. It was so easy to forget who Thomas was when it was just us. Because to me he was Tommy and to the world he was Mr. Thomas Shelby.

"Why do you do that?" He questioned.

"Do what?"

"You get quiet and it's like you study me. What are you thinking about?"

It was one of the few times I swore he could read my mind but acted dumb. As if he wasn't powerful enough, I was trying to give him mind powers.

"Nothing. Sometimes I just like looking you over and figuring out the details."

"Don't find my secrets , Ms. Weathers." He kissed my lips gently but pulled away before I could endulge.

I watched as he threw his legs over the side of the bed and stood up , stretching his arms over his head. The line of his boxers peaked over his pajama pants as he moved.