Final

He screamed in pain lunging backwards, but not before I could catch his pistol in my hands.

"Duck" Thomas yelled to his brothers and all of them dropped to the ground, except Finn.

I turned quickly kicking Finns back to make him lay flat as gunshots rang around us . But luckily , I was faster than they had anticipated.

I shot two of the men , only hitting both and they hit the ground with a thud . The last was stunned by my speed but it didn't stop him from raising his gun and aiming it for my body .

Thomas sprung into action, his hands still firm behind his back as he charged the man taking him to the ground. I reached out once more aiming my gun and shooting the last man straight in the head , inches from where Tommy laid.

Blood splattered across his skin and he grumbled at the mess of it. But I ignored him to untie his brothers and laughed at each of their expressions.

"Y-you were gonna give em Tommy!" Jon accused.

"I was never gonna give them Tommy . Can't you see thats why were all standing here? Alive?" I rolled my eyes.

"How did you do that?" Finn looked at me the amazement glistening in his eyes.

"Because she's fucking brilliant, didn't anyone listen to me? Christ. Untie me , Emilia." Tommy yelled across from us.

I walked over to him and crouched down looking over his face, "I believe a thank you would be nice?"

All of the brothers chimed in behind me giving a big "Thank you , Emilia." And I laughed.

"We still have something to deal with." Thomas nodded to Adonis who was stumbling around his face his hands. Blood seeped between his fingers as he attempted over and over to open his eyes but to no avail. He was blind.

"Come on , Mr. Shelby." I raised an eyebrow, "I could have already killed him."

He let out a long rough sigh before looking up at me through his lashes, "Thank you, Emilia. Now please untie me."

"Wow, and I get a please. How thoughtful." I untied his hands and helped him to his feet. I watched as he dust himself off before surging straight towards Adonis.

Arthur reached out holding a pistol in his hand for Thomas to take as he passed , but he refused.

The quick blow of Tommy's fist smacked into the red headed man's cheek sending him to the ground in more pain. Thomas towered over him holding his body to the ground and just started swinging over and over and over. Each hit seemingly harder than the last and even after the man's body had stopped twitching Thomas kept going.  Blood covered his fist and arms , painting his face from top to bottom. His jacket was soaked in it.

"Thomas he's dead ." I went to grab his shoulder as he hit once more and blood flung from the corpse onto my dress and arm.

"Just let him , Emilia." Arthur pulled me back and we watched Thomas start too slow.

Finally he stood fixing his coat jacket and wiping his jaw with the back of his sleeve. I watched him walk from the group several steps to take a breather and soak in the morning air. His head tipped back to the sky and his eyes shut closed as his chest rose and fell underneath the sunlight. Each of his fist opened up allowing his muscles to relax.

Just as I started too look away, drops of rain came spiraling from the sky hitting my sweat soaked clothes . First falling gently and then pounding into our skin from above. The water seemed to wash some of the blood away from Thomas but most still remained , staining his arms and hands.

"We need to check on Polly and Michael. I'm not sure if he still has any ties to this but if he does it's sure to bring trouble." Arthur said from beside me.

"You all go ahead. I'll wait on Tommy." I gave them a soft smile and watched as the started to turn and leave. But before they were to far gone , I reached out pulling Finn into my embrace holding him tightly, "Thank you for being brave ."

A smile danced across his lips as my words hit him and he looked at me happiness radiating from his face, "Thank you , Emilia."

After they had left I sat into the grass and just watched Thomas. He stood where he was for ages, long after the rain finally subsided. I was beginning to doze off when he turned towards me. His expression now softened but remained just as cold as it had before the shootout. His stride now stronger as he moved towards me and his shoulders standing taller. He wiped his bottom lip with his thumb before taking a seat beside me and I laid my head against his shoulder.

"You were right." I spoke after the silence became too deafening.

"About?"

"My sneaking ability. He found me way too easily."

"And if he hadn't I'd be face down in this soil right now , Emilia." He sighed looking me over, "Did he touch you?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Well you obviously can take care of yourself. Doesn't mean I want you too." He grumbled.

I let out a small laugh , hugging closer into his side. He grabbed up my hands and played with my fingers amongst his own as he leaned closer to me. Our lips graced each other briefly before he pulled me closer , pressing his mouth to mine. I felt the kiss deepen as he moved against me caressing my bottom lip with his tongue before devouring me completely. I started to climb over him and push further, the heat starting to pool making me eager . So was he , I could taste it on his breath and feel by his movements. But suddenly he pulled away, breathless and heaving. The cold touch of something metal danced upon one of my fingers and I glanced down to see what he was doing.

"Ms. Weathers. Will you marry me?" He slid a silver band with a lavender purple stone in the center surrounded by smaller diamonds over my fingertip and it flashed softly in the sunlight. My breathing caught.

"Yes."