Surprise Holiday Chapter🎄❤️

[[A/N ; Happy Holidays ! I decided to give you guys one more short chapter before I start book #2 next month (;]]

My feet shuffled against the cold hardwood as I droned down the hallway once more. The whole Shelby family had been here earlier and we held a holiday feast that could've fed twelve armies over. Somehow Thomas was convinced it would be a good idea. Once dessert plates had been cleared, everyone headed out slowly leaving only me and Tommy in the house. Although having a house full of guest was entertaining at the moment, cleaning up afterwards is not. I had made the decision earlier that the kitchen staff could go home for the holidays and leave the aftermath for me and Thomas. Now that it was nearing midnight and my muscles were tired, part of me regretted that choice. Nonetheless I pushed forward into the dimly lit kitchen and looked over the towering pile of dishes coming from the sink. With a soft sigh, I took one from the top and began scrubbing quietly.  The house was in utter silence and it came as a comfort to me since it was the first time all day I could dwell with my thoughts.

But this peace didn't last long as the lingering smell of ciggerate smoke drew closer and it was accompanied by a thick pine and sweet mahogany . Before I could peer over my shoulder an arm looped around my waist gripping tightly and pulling me back into an iron like chest. Instinctively my muscles tensed but soon relaxed as Thomas planted a soft kiss at the nape of my neck. The gesture though simple sent a jolt across my nerves. I'm not sure if ill ever get used to his touch like I hoped I would.

"Why don't you let me help you?" He spoke and his lips brushed against the top of my ear .

"I wash and you dry?" I glanced up at him and met his gaze.

"Sounds good too me." He grabbed a dish towel from a nearby drawer and started drying each dish as I handed them over.

Now standing to my side I got a better look at him and it was like I hadn't fully took notice all day. He still wore the same slacks and button up , but his vest was undone along with his tie hanging loosely from his neck. My eyes scanned over his chest and up to his neck taking notice to the small marks I had left on him a few nights ago. I couldn't suppress a grin from forming over my lips.

When I went to hand another saucer over, water had pooled from the top and launched outwards soaking Thomas's shirt slightly . His eyes prowled down his front looking over the water stain as the muscle in his jaw clenched. It was nearly impossible to hide the sly laugh I had in my throat. 

"Something funny?" He mused.

"You just have alittle something-"  I poked his stomach, "Right there."

"Didn't realize how clumsy you were, Mrs. Shelby." His voice rang like sirens in my ears, "Do I make you nervous?"

It wasn't hard to catch the hitch in my breathing and it was enough to plaster a smirk on his face. The one he wore so well . The one that sent heat seething from my chest and lapping at my core.

"Of course not. Just caught me off guard." Turning back to the sink I tried to pull my attention from his figure now moving closer.

For a few moments we silently continued washing and drying dishes until the bottom of the sink was visible.  It felt like ages but I knew it was mostly because he had been breathing down my neck the entire time. I couldn't help but steal small glances over at him from time to time only to see his eyes hadn't moved from me. The blue encasing under a wave of lashes seemed more interested in my body than whatever drying his hands were supposed to be doing.

"Let's play a game." He broke the silence after the last dish had been dried and put up into the cupboard. As I turned on my heels to face him I also pressed my back into the countertop in hopes to put a few inches of distance between us.