Chapter Fourteen I Woke At Dawn

'Did you hear Alpha Shaz's Luna disappeared?' Werewolf number one asked the second; whilst turning to look at him.

'Yeah, I heard he had all the roads and highways leading out of state blocked and has the Luna's home monitored.' Werewolf number two answered werewolf number one, werewolf number one sighed.

'I feel so bad for Alpha Shaz, he finally finds his mate and she's a human not only that she runs away! I just feel so sorry for him.' That's the last I hear because they're too far away for me to hear. I laid down and go over this conversation in my head, I was right about the roads and Gran and Pa's house so I made the right decisions there. Then I think of about Alpha Shaz and what they were saying about him, the words stab me whilst the realisation hits me. It all made sense now, the way he acted around me, the way he growled at Will when he disrespected me. I know what a mate is; it's like a soul mate for werewolves. I also know what a soul mates are, my parents were soul mates; they were meant to be. And a mate is like that to a werewolf, you see their goddess, the Moon Goddess Luna, picks out the perfect someone for each wolf. A mate is a wolf's other half, their best friend and perfect role model and carer. So mates are very important in the werewolf culture; but a mate of an Alpha is called a Luna, supposedly direct descendants of Luna the Moon Goddess (hence the title "Luna"). I lay thinking the situation over in my head, trying to come up with a game plan. In the end; my head starts spinning so I call it a night, deciding to sleep on it and figure it out in the morning.

I woke at dawn and began dissembling my nest, I had also come to the decision to stay one week and give him and his pack a chance. Once that was done; I set off further into the woods to my special place. It was built by the wolves long ago; so long in fact they forgot about it. I found it one day while I was running, I fell down the tunnel to the door. To make more sense, it's a small house built under a giant pine that has to be centuries old. Anyway it has running water (which is drawn from a spring underground) and ever since I found it; it's been a second home. I have clothes and shoes here as well as other things that I may need in emergencies such as this or when I'm going interstate. I fill the old iron clawed bath tub and take a bath, before I dress in black skinny jeans, a corset top with lace sleeves, black combat boots and a leather jacket. I combed my hair quickly before I drained the tub, cleaned the place up and left. I walked back to my bike before I rode all the way to the pack house and waited for Shaz, since he wasn't there. A large group of wolves strode out of the woods unaware of my presence, Shaz looked depressed, defeated even. Callum and Carter were by his side and they looked tired, wolves started noticing me, stopped and stood gawking. Callum and Carter stopped when they saw me and grinned, before nudging Shaz with their elbows. Shaz growled before he looked at them.

'What!?' He snapped clearly annoyed, while Carter nodded in my direction. Shaz followed his nod and froze when he saw me standing in front of him; I snickered quietly before sobering up.

'I leave in one week exactly, so that's how long you have to convince me otherwise. But there are conditions. Number one, no getting possessive; I will hang out with whoever I want, whenever I want, where ever I want. Number two, no watching my house. Number three, no keeping major secrets from me; for example: me being your mate.' I said giving him a "Are you stupid or something?" look, he just gawked at me. I nodded to myself before I turn and got on my bike. I revved the engine to life and I was about to put on my helmet, when I felt someone tug my leg. I look down to see Avril grinning from ear to ear, I turned off the engine but stay seated on my bike.

'Hey Av, how are ya?' I said smiling at her, she just grinned and tried to climb onto my Harley.

'Hello, I'm good thank you for asking. But Rosé can I go for on your bike?' She asked pulling her best puppy dog eyes. I smiled at her.

'Now I don't think your mum would like it if you just up and disappeared. Would she?' I asked raising an eyebrow, while she pouted.

'Suppose not.' She said sadly, than a chuckle cut in.

'You can take her for a ride Rosé, but don't be too long or I'll get worried.' Avril's mum said from the deck, I nodded.

'Don't worry Ma'am; she'll be fine and we'll only be about five ten minutes.' I said and she nodded. I signalled Av closer and put my helmet on her making sure he strap was as tug as it could be so it was somewhat secure. I lifted her up onto the seat in front of me, so she was basically sitting in my lap. I turned on my bike and it roared to life making Av squeal in joy and excitement.

'You ready?' I asked her revving the engine.

'Yes!' She squealed while nodding the big helmet on her head, I smiled.

'Okay, here we go!' I said before speeding down the long drive. The entire ten minutes was spent me driving Avril through streets and her squealing for joy. And when we arrived back at the she was disappointed, I turned off the engine and kicked out the stand before I undid and removed my helmet from Avril's head. I'm greeted with an extremely bad case of helmet hair, so bad it caused me to laugh.

'Can we do it again!?' She asked excitedly, I shook my head.

'Maybe another day.' I smiled down at her; she just pouted and pulled her puppy dog eyes at me.

'Let me tell you a secret, Av.' I whispered quietly and beckoned her closer. Her eyes light up wig excitement and she quickly walked closer.

'Time for me to go.' I said leaning back on my Harley and putting my helmet on. I did up the strap and was about to leave when Av screamed.

<><><><><>Authors Note<><><><><>

Hey guys and gals, I just wanna thank you guys for the votes and the comments. It would be great to hear your thoughts on this story, so don't be afraid to speak. That's all from me.
Remember stay awesome and love one another!

- M